NN3, ASQRC-2 clamp and RRS camera plate for Fuji X-E1

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3, ASQRC-2 clamp and RRS camera plate for Fuji X-E1

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN3, ASQRC-2 clamp and RRS camera plate for Fuji X-E1

I have a pre MKII NN3 and a Really Right Stuff Camera Plate (BXE1) mounted to the base of my Fuji X-E1. The plate has Arca Swiss standard dovetail running from left to right across the base of the camera.

Will the Arca-Swiss Style Quick Release Clamp (ASQRC-2) mount the camera to the upper rail of my NN3 and to the RRS camera plate?

Why is the clamp not recommended for DSLR uses with NN3's ?

Thank you

I have a pre MKII NN3 and a Really Right Stuff Camera Plate (BXE1) mounted to the base of my Fuji X-E1. The plate has Arca Swiss standard dovetail running from left to right across the base of the camera.

Will the Arca-Swiss Style Quick Release Clamp (ASQRC-2) mount the camera to the upper rail of my NN3 and to the RRS camera plate?

Why is the Clamp not recommended for DSLR uses with NN3's ?

Thank you

m.waite
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by m.waite View Post

Why is the Clamp not recommended for DSLR uses with NN3's ?

Thank you

m.waite
    Yes, the ASQRC2 will work for your plate IF the plate is long enough to correct for any tripod offset.
    Some DSLRs many years ago are very tall, with the added height of QR system, the lower rail of NN3 runs out of range.

NIck

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Thanks Nick

The RRS plate and dovetail extends for the entire width of the camera.

I ordered a RSQRC2 today

m.waite
+ Reply to Thread