Two questions about set up and assy of my new NN4..

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two questions about set up and assy of my new NN4..

Share/Bookmark
  1. Two questions about set up and assy of my new NN4..

I just received the basic starter kit NN4 and while looking over the parts included and assembling it, two questions come to mind:

1.) What are all the baggies of parts, washers, o rings and such for?

2.) Why do I have a second camera plate?

3.) My 5DII has the Canon battery grip on it, and so the tripod hole is offset from the center-line of my lens, do I need something more to adapt this to get it centered? The manual states that there is some sort of offset plate that's included in the kit to relieve this issue but I don't see anything.

thanks,
    bob
    Users Country Flag

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum,

1.) The baggies of parts are to replace missed washers, o rings etc in case you loose something or it is warn out.

2.) The CP-2 normally comes with two top plates, one with a small nose, one with a longer nose. They can be swapped around for your camera body.

3.)Use the T III Adapter to get the offset right. http://shop.nodalninja.com/t-adapter...-offset-f9213/

Ask your reseller if you can send it back in case it does not fit.

I personally would take off the Battery Adapter because it sets torque to the panohead and changes the lower rail setting = LRS.

Heinz

Ps you are too quick.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-25-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi Bob and welcome to the forum,

1.) The baggies of parts are to replace missed washers, o rings etc in case you loose something or it is warn out.

2.) The CP-2 normally comes with two top plates, one with a small nose, one with a longer nose. They can be swapped around for your camera body.
    Ok...thanks very much.

At this point because the Canon Battery Grip has the threaded hole offset in relation to the center-line of the lens, I'm relegated to taking the grip off when using the NN4.

Q: If I get the T-Adapter to fix my offset threaded hole, does that hinder the use of the NN4 in any way?
+ Reply to Thread