Advanced Rotator RD8-II (F1180) Questions

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Advanced Rotator RD8-II (F1180) Questions

Share/Bookmark
  1. Advanced Rotator RD8-II (F1180) Questions

    #1

    I just received my new RD8-II rotator and is looks excellent -- much larger than I expected. I have a few questions:
    (1) The locking knob has an additional, smaller know screwed into it; what is the purpose of this second, smaller knob?
    (2) There are stops for 30, 6, 5, and 4 degrees, as well as second set of stops for 30/2, 6/2, 5/2, and 4/2. If I want to set my stops to, say, 20 degrees... Should I just tighten the 5-degree stop and click it over multiple times on each rotation, or is there a way to set it so that it only locks on the 20 degree marks? (I guess I should try tightening knobs on both 5 and 4...?)
    (3) There is a very small knob that seems to allow you to rotate the indicators without actually rotating ("clicking") the unit. Is that the purpose of this small knob?

    Silly questions, I know -- but there is no manual, so I am just confirming how the product works. Thanks!
  2. #2

    Quote Originally Posted by lyndess View Post
    (1) The locking knob has an additional, smaller know screwed into it; what is the purpose of this second, smaller knob?
    the key included in the extra knob allows you to tighten more or less the ball that is inside each knob to get stops more or less easy ;) I would advise to keep settings at mid range to begin, and when you are more used to it, adjust it at your wish ! As the key is tightened in a knob no risk to loose it or forget it, it's always there ready to be used in the field if needed ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by lyndess View Post
    (2) There are stops for 30, 6, 5, and 4 degrees, as well as second set of stops for 30/2, 6/2, 5/2, and 4/2. If I want to set my stops to, say, 20 degrees... Should I just tighten the 5-degree stop and click it over multiple times on each rotation, or is there a way to set it so that it only locks on the 20 degree marks? (I guess I should try tightening knobs on both 5 and 4...?)
    it works in similar way to R-D16, so two possibilities:
    -> use one knob in hole 30/6/5/4 degrees and you get direct setting with stop every 30/6/5 or 4 degrees.
    -> use two knobs, the second knob will be a divider, so if you screw knob in hole 30 and second knob in hole 30/2, you'll get a stop every 15 degrees. You can't mix between both knobs or you'll get very strange settings !! Unhappy 20 degrees is not possible on R-D8II

    Quote Originally Posted by lyndess View Post
    (3) There is a very small knob that seems to allow you to rotate the indicators without actually rotating ("clicking") the unit. Is that the purpose of this small knob?
    The very small black knob at bottom of rotator allows you to rotate at your wish the marked part of rotator so you can setup the 0 degree position where you want ;)



    French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  3. #3
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,434

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincèn View Post
    -> use two knobs, the second knob will be a divider, so if you screw knob in hole 30 and second knob in hole 30/2, you'll get a stop every 15 degrees. You can't mix between both knobs or you'll get very strange settings !! Unhappy 20 degrees is not possible on R-D8II
    either use 15 deg stop as substitute or skip 3 stops to get 20 deg. If your interest is above 15 deg interval, RD16II is a better choice.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts