Suggestions for pano gear

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for pano gear

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Suggestions for pano gear

I a new to Panoroma photography and therefore looking to buy pano gear that will suit most of my needs

Here's my current set up

BH-55 head
    Gitzo travellers tripod
    5d MK3 with RRS L plate
    70-200 2.8 L
    50mm 1.4
    35mm 1.4
    24-70 L

I like the Nodal Ninja Gear but since I have already invested in expensive BH-55 head, I am therefore debating whether to go for RRS Pano gear or Nodal Ninja. What would you suggest ?

I am also interested in signing up for Google Trusted Photographers program.However, Google suggests that I use 8-15mm lens and R10
    8-15mm costs around 1500 dollars which I cant afford.

My budget is around 1000 dollars.
    Users Country Flag

Hi and welcome to the forum,

You need an M1-L that would fit all your lenses. For some lenses you'll need the MFR210 as top rail like 24-70mm and 70 -200mm.

I do not want to poor water in your wine, but best shooting would be to place the panohead directly on top of tripod.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-10-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks for the reply

If I were to choose to place the Panohead directly on top of tripod and I go with nodal ninja, Could you please suggest what all I would need to buy keep in mind my above lenses that I would be using. My budget is around $700
    Users Country Flag

Hi Sunny,

M1-L, RD16II with Nadir Adapter,
    evtl EZ- Leveleler II

That's what I would buy.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-13-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Users Country Flag

If you want to make 360x180 deg spherical pano, go for M1L. If you want to make multi-row mosaic image, M2 with give you more freedom in composition and enhance efficiency. You can take least image with least cropping in the final mosaic. The M1 have a fixed 7.5 deg interval will force you to take more image and crop more for mosaic.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Nick,

Can you use the M2 to create 360x180 deg spherical panos? I have the RD16II on my M2.
+ Reply to Thread