Tripod adapter, RD8, Pole 1 connection

Thread: Tripod adapter, RD8, Pole 1 connection

Share/Bookmark
  1. Tripod adapter, RD8, Pole 1 connection

Users Country Flag

Today I received my Tripod Adapter for Pole, Type B, and have been setting it up. I will be using it with a Pole Series 1, an RD8 rotator, and a Benro Flexpod which allows the center column to be set horizontally.

Everything went together smoothly. I have the RD8 mounted upside down on the lower adapter.

In the instructions, step 7, it says to install a 3/8” x 3/4” stud in the bottom of the pole. If I had such a stud in my pole package, purchased two years ago, I have misplaced it.

In the package with my adapter, there is a 3/8” x 1-1/4” stud. This is too long to allow the base of the pole to touch the rotator. (See attached photo.)

I want to be able to use the pole horizontally, so I want a connection that is secure enough to prevent the weight of the camera from unscrewing the pole from rotator.

Before I order a 3/8” x 3/4” stud, could someone please confirm that this is my best option to fasten the bottom of Pole 1 to an RD8 rotator?

Judy Arndt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tripod_adapter_connect.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	807  
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-A View Post

Before I order a 3/8” x 3/4” stud, could someone please confirm that this is my best option to fasten the bottom of Pole 1 to an RD8 rotator?

Judy Arndt
    That is how design the system. If you have a saw, you can shorten the stud you have.

NIck

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.