HELP: How To Remove A Broken Plunger Knob?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP: How To Remove A Broken Plunger Knob?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Broken Plunger Knob

EDIT: I was asking help on how to remove a broken plunger knob but it was loose enough for me to back it out with a screwdriver. Now all I need is to order a new plunger knob, plus a spare.

Phil

Last edited by Phil; 12-24-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Fixed it
    Users Country Flag

Hi Phil,

This is the first time I get to know about such a problem.

I am sure Bill and Nick will read this. Normally you get a set of plunger knobs for your rotator. Just send a mail to Bill with your address and I am sure you will soon get a replacement for nothing.

Heinz

BTW: Do not fixe these knobs with high pressure. Just adapt them with the pressure that is needed to move to the next click stop smoothly. So open up till you do not get a new click stop, screw inside till you get a good feeling to fix the rotator for the next click stop. You have to able to click to the next detend step with a smooth motion.

Feel free to ask.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 12-24-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Hi Heinz,

The tripod fell over, without the camera, and the impact of it landing on the plunger knob caused it to break. Not my super human grip on the knob.

Two more knobs have been ordered with next day shipping. Why didn't I break this last week when they NN was open??? Even with next day shipping they won't get here until Friday. I was planning on experimenting with high resolution 360s this week and it's not fun shooting multirow images without click stops! I have a local friend with a NN5 that I could borrow but he's in AZ this week. I guess this is a good week to finish updating my website.

Merry Christmas!
    Phil
    Users Country Flag

Hi Phil,

Do you need a double detend plunger setting for your needs? This is Murphy's law, when something goes wrong the next thing will happens as well. May be you can take off the short plunger on cord to fulfill your needs.

Would not help you to send you a knob from europe. Just the wrong time to break a knob. Sending it with emergency will cost you a fortune.

But may be there is a NN friend in texas to borrow you a knob set?? Come on guys!! That's what the forum stands for!!

I keep my fingers crossed for you,
    Merry Christmas for you as well.

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hi Heinz,The tripod fell over, without the camera, and the impact of it landing on the plunger knob caused it to break. Not my super human grip on the knob.
    Two more knobs have been ordered with next day shipping. Why didn't I break this last week when they NN was open??? Even with next day shipping they won't get here until Friday. I was planning on experimenting with high resolution 360s this week and it's not fun shooting multirow images without click stops! I have a local friend with a NN5 that I could borrow but he's in AZ this week. I guess this is a good week to finish updating my website.
    Merry Christmas! Phil
    Hi Phil,
    Nice speaking with you on the phone just now. You should get your knobs, camera plate (CP-2) and rotator plugs tomorrow and I through in free gift that might help take the sting out of those shipping costs.
    Thank you for being a valued Nodal Ninja customer.
    Happy Holidays
    Bill
    Users Country Flag

Wow Bill,

I once again I like to state that there are not many companies over the world with such a service like Nodal Ninja Fanotec. Besides very good products this forms the golden basis for Nodal Ninja Customers.

Happy Holidays,
    Heinz

Bill,

Thanks for the quick turn around on the parts. The extras that you added are a nice Christmas gift too. Time to shoot!

Phil
+ Reply to Thread