Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2013

Thread: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2013

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2013

Users Country Flag

Hi to everybody,

I'd like to wish all of you "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2013".

Special Thx to Nick and Bill to keep NN Fanotec going on and on to develop and get new products on the road.

Was a busy year for you!

Same Thx to all the friends working at NN Store trying to do their best for the customers.

And last but not least, the european distributors, specially Mauro and Vincen. Glad to know in case I send a mail to you to ask for help for a forum member there will be an answer to them.

I dare to tell you you'll see some more new special products in 2013: The M2 Series.

Thx Nick I have been able to test it. This is the NN gate to use longer focal lenses for landscape and gigapixel panos.

The basic design of upper and lower rotator offers a secure workflow to shoot the pics to end up in a good pano in shorter time and lower price compared to some motorized panoheads. It is just click and shoot. No time to waste to wait for the motor to move into the right position.

Similar to the last years, NN Fanotec listens and develops equipment to customers needs. Thx a lot for this.

Kind regards,
    Heinz

Hi Heinz,

Can you post preview of M2 with your experience?
    Users Country Flag

Hi Wilco,

As I already mentioned: I am very happy with it.

The only thing I believe I can tell you right now cause Nick has to certify more information is some info about RD16II: This is one of the lower rotators besides RD8II which is available right now being part of MD2 as well.

Let's have a look to some basics: To shoot Landscape or Gigapixel Panos with longer focal lenses you have to shoot horizontal rows with smaller detend settings on lower rotator - 2.5° for example - and several horizontal changes on upper rotator for the next horizontal row to end up with the pano you like to shoot.

Let's take a workflow from shooting left to right in horizontal and upper left to lower right in vertical to shoot the whole pano for example.

This means we do not shoot 360° using the rotator. How do we know where to stop at horizontal settings on lower rotator or vertical settings on upper rotator?

This is the the point of the new design for M2 of Nick to step into this question.

The index ring of RD16II as well as of RD8II is movable. Plus he has added a movable "Blue End Mark Ring" to the rotators.
    What's the sense of it?

Workflow: Rotator set to 0° mark. Set your tripod camera combination to favorite viewfinder position. Now set you favorite horizontal positions. Move to the left to fix the left side of pano. Open fixing screw of index ring and adapt it to this position. This is starting point of horizontal row. Now move to the right site of your pano. Fix the blue ring mark to this point. Now you know starting and end point of each horizontal row! Does not matter how small the steps are.

After having shot a horizontal row for your camera lens combination you have to adapt the upper rotator in vertical for the next row. You can adapt the upper rotator manually without fixed steps.

Workflow: go to upper left, shoot the horizontal, adapt vertical, move back to horizontal starting point and shoot the next horizontal row to end mark. Adapt vertical and move back to starting point etc.

You always know where you are shooting your pano. You do not get lost of your position in taking the pano. Without waiting for a motorized head to get into next position.

To take it short, with the new adaptation possibilities on lower and upper rotator of M2 it is easy and safe to shoot a small Landscape or Gigapixel Pano in safe workflow.

I own a motorized panohead, till now I succeed in shorter time with NN Equipment.

Feel free to ask,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 12-24-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi to everybody,
    I'd like to wish all of you "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2013". Special Thx to Nick and Bill to keep NN Fanotec going on and on to develop and get new products on the road. Was a busy year for you! Same Thx to all the friends working at NN Store trying to do their best for the customers. And last but not least, the european distributors, specially Mauro and Vincen. Glad to know in case I send a mail to you to ask for help for a forum member there will be an answer to them. I dare to tell you you'll see some more new special products in 2013: The M2 Series. Thx Nick I have been able to test it. This is the NN gate to use longer focal lenses for landscape and gigapixel panos. The basic design of upper and lower rotator offers a secure workflow to shoot the pics to end up in a good pano in shorter time and lower price compared to some motorized panoheads. It is just click and shoot. No time to waste to wait for the motor to move into the right position. Similar to the last years, NN Fanotec listens and develops equipment to customers needs. Thx a lot for this. Kind regards, Heinz
    Hey Heinz,
    thanks for Holiday Shout out and kind words. Your support as been greatly appreciated.
    Happy Holidays
    Bill