Comparison Ultimate M1 and M2

Thread: Comparison Ultimate M1 and M2

Share/Bookmark
  1. Comparison Ultimate M1 and M2

Hi...
    I would like to know the comparison between Ultimate M1 and M2 ...what is the difference between them ?

The M2 will have M2-L , M2-S ??

Thanks
    Liao
    Last edited by liaock; 12-23-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Users Country Flag

M2 will not have M2S. The target is heavy telephoto lens. So no "S" version.

the difference is at the upper rotator. M2 is free rotating with optional upgrade to supports up to 1.5 deg stops. M1 is fixed at 7.5 deg stops and no intermediate angle is possible. M2 can also act as gimbal arm too.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Hi Nick,

Does 1.5 degree stops upgrade needs to change the whole upper rotator? I have not seen the pricing for upgrade. If I get upgrade for 1.5, can it be use for both 2.5 and 1.5 deg with changing parts?
    Users Country Flag

"M2 is free rotating.."

Nick,

Does this mean you have finally separated the rotation axis from the clamping mechanism? Pictures, please (if possible).

Dennis
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
    "M2 is free rotating.."

Nick,

Does this mean you have finally separated the rotation axis from the clamping mechanism? Pictures, please (if possible).

Dennis
    There is no way we can include 1.5 deg stops in the rotator. So the rotator is standard one with friction lock but with fully bearing loaded.
    The stops will be added externally.

Nick

Fanotec

Hi ..
    I have the NN5 ...with Fuji S5 Pro ( based on Nikon D200) + battery grip + sigma 8mm ... nowadays i am taking 4 photos + 1 ( zenith ) ...at 0 degree ... the nadir i use photoshop..
    I am thinking to upgrade to Nikon D800 + Nikon 10,5 or Nikon 16mm or even use the Sigma 8mm ... and i want to upgrade to Ultimate Modular Series ... which one do you recommend M1 or M2 ?
    Thanks
    Liao
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by liaock View Post
    Hi ..
    I have the NN5 ...with Fuji S5 Pro ( based on Nikon D200) + battery grip + sigma 8mm ... nowadays i am taking 4 photos + 1 ( zenith ) ...at 0 degree ... the nadir i use photoshop..
    I am thinking to upgrade to Nikon D800 + Nikon 10,5 or Nikon 16mm or even use the Sigma 8mm ... and i want to upgrade to Ultimate Modular Series ... which one do you recommend M1 or M2 ?
    Thanks
    Liao
    I think M1 is still best for spherical panos. Small and precise. M2 will be better for mosaics where you want to get smallest number of shots using the free rotating upper rotator.

Nick

Fanotec

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    There is no way we can include 1.5 deg stops in the rotator. So the rotator is standard one with friction lock but with fully bearing loaded.
    The stops will be added externally.

Nick
    Any time frame for availability of 1.5 deg stops add-on?

Hi Nick,

Will there be deg stop add-on coming for M2 or do you scrap the plan? I have been waiting for it over a year now and do not hear about it. I am not sure I miss it.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wilco23 View Post
    Hi Nick,

Will there be deg stop add-on coming for M2 or do you scrap the plan? I have been waiting for it over a year now and do not hear about it. I am not sure I miss it.
    Yes, it is coming in Autumn. I decided to file a patent for the design and took some time.

Fanotec