Base - Object Turntable - 10 inch

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Base - Object Turntable - 10 inch

Share/Bookmark
  1. Base - Object Turntable - 10 inch

Hi, not sure where to publish this post! Sorry if this is the wrong place! I lost the base that comes with the Object Turntable - 10 inch! I can buy just the base?

Vedder
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    Hi, not sure where to publish this post! Sorry if this is the wrong place! I lost the base that comes with the Object Turntable - 10 inch! I can buy just the base?

Vedder
    what do you mean by "base", can you take a picture of the turntable to explain the missing part?
    We sure can supply the parts for our products.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Nick,

I suppose he is talking of the fixing screw and the two anti twist Pins?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Object Turntable - 10 inch-1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	728

Heinz

Thanks for responding! I'm missing the part that says "Base" of that image you inserted, hindenhaag! Is included or I'm wrong about something?

Vedder
    Last edited by Vedder; 12-22-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Vedder,

My own turntable looks a bit different: the two anti twist pins are integrated in it itself at the bottom side.

I believe the design is changed and the pic "base" shows the bottom side of the turntable. It is not an extra part to be added to the turntable.

The version demonstrated in the pictures comes with a fixation screw and two "Anti Twist Pins".
    You have to place the pins into the two holes aside the fixation screw hole at the bottom of the turntable. Then place the turntable on top of your rotator. The pins fit into the two Anti Twist Holes on Top of the Rotator. Press the turntable into place, might be tight fit. Now fix it with the screw through top of turntable and off you go.

Did you loose your Pins and Screw? The center screw for rotators is metric thread, I think M6. I'll check it and let you know. The screw that is needed to fix the turntable is shorter than those used to fix lower rails of panoheads to rotators. The Anti Twist Pins will keep the turntable in fixed position in relation to rotator when you move to next click stop of rotator. In case you do not tighten the detend knob of rotator too much, you might be able to turn around the table without slipping on rotator top or you might use double sticking tape at bottom of turntable to avoid this. May be you can use your table without waiting for new spare parts. Feel free to ask.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Advanced Rotator RD16.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	729 Arrows show one pair of Anti Twist Sockets on Top of RD16II Rotator.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 12-22-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Hello, nick fan and hindenhaag! Thanks for helping! Everything is solved! It was my mistake, I did not see something really easy to see in the RD16 I have! I apologize! I have everything I need, not missing anything!

Thank you again!

Vedder
    Users Country Flag

Pleasure Vedder.

In case your RD16 has two sets of Anti Twist Sockets like the one shown in the picture, make sure to re mount the lower rail to the set of sockets that lets you see the 0 mark in front of you. Then mount the lower rail showing to the right. Otherwise it will be mounted by 90° to the wrong direction.

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

BTW @Bill and Dick: might be it would be helpful to rename "Base" into "Bottom View of Turntable"

Heinz
+ Reply to Thread