extended upper for working with bigger lens

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: extended upper for working with bigger lens

Share/Bookmark
  1. extended upper for working with bigger lens

hi
    problem i bought the NN4 to work with 16/35 f4 nikon and 24/70 F2;8 and it did'nt work
    i found just at 24 with the 16x35 a good nodal point but at 16 we need just 1 or 2 cm more depht for nodal point .
    my idea and question do you think it could work if i add a manfrotto quick release 357 on th upper to get more back my camera .
    thank's

Quote Originally Posted by toto64 View Post
    hi
    problem i bought the NN4 to work with 16/35 f4 nikon and 24/70 F2;8 and it did'nt work
    i found just at 24 with the 16x35 a good nodal point but at 16 we need just 1 or 2 cm more depht for nodal point .
    my idea and question do you think it could work if i add a manfrotto quick release 357 on th upper to get more back my camera .
    thank's
    Hi toto64 - and welcome to the forum.
    Are you able to post photo's of your setup so we get a better idea of what you have going on. A T-30 t-adapter will give you a bit more room but we want to make sure you have things setup correctly.
    thx
    Bill
    Users Country Flag

hi
    thank's
    24-70mm F2.8 is a very very long lens at 24mm. You can mount a QR on T adapter and use that as extension. If you sure 1cm is what you need, we can adapter an NN5 upper rail for you.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. how many cm the t plate give on horizontal

thank's everybdy
    i want to know how many cm backward to the original plate the T plate give me is that correct
    (They may also be used as an extension (up to 22mm) to the upper or lower rails of Nodal Ninja’s.)

how the QR can give me because if i understant they use it verticaly and for me it' s horizontaly i need to move my camera backward
    sorry if i m not so clear

wouha how many is long the NN5 upper rail because in france impossible too find and how does it cost .

wouha how many is long the NN5 upper rail because in france impossible too find and how does it cost .
    Hi toto64 - we stock the NN5 upper rail which can be found here: http://bit.ly/R3ukaK
    The upper rail markings (settings for NPP) goes up to 160mm and costs $85 plus shipping.
    It is important to note the upper rails of NN5 and NN5L are different so make sure you select the correct item.

thx
    Bill
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Hi toto64 - we stock the NN5 upper rail which can be found here: http://bit.ly/R3ukaK
    The upper rail markings (settings for NPP) goes up to 160mm and costs $85 plus shipping.
    It is is important to note the upper rail fro NN5 and NN5L are different so make you you select the correct item.

thx
    Bill
    Well, he doesn't need the upper rail with rotator part. He needs just the rail with some adaptation. The rail is 10mm longer than NN4.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread