RD16 Mounting

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RD16 Mounting

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. RD16 Mounting

Users Country Flag

Am experiencing an aggravating problem and wonder if anyone else has had and solved it?
    Mounting my RD16 on Manfroto's 3416 levleing platform. Cannot "lock it down" tight enough to avoid its loosening when rotating counter-clockwise. It is not always feasible to rotate only clock-wise when making "fine" adjustments for a long lense panorama.

I am reluctant to use a lock washer because of its thickness and the resulting upset to balance and leveling.

I am about to experiment with Lock-Tight on a nut and bolt to see if it can be undone and undone without damage when doing so. As I have never used it before I thought I would ask if anyone knows of anything I should be wary of in using it or if there is some other solution.
    Thanks
    Bob
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBob View Post
    Am experiencing an aggravating problem and wonder if anyone else has had and solved it?
    Mounting my RD16 on Manfroto's 3416 levleing platform. Cannot "lock it down" tight enough to avoid its loosening when rotating counter-clockwise. It is not always feasible to rotate only clock-wise when making "fine" adjustments for a long lense panorama.

I am reluctant to use a lock washer because of its thickness and the resulting upset to balance and leveling.

I am about to experiment with Lock-Tight on a nut and bolt to see if it can be undone and undone without damage when doing so. As I have never used it before I thought I would ask if anyone knows of anything I should be wary of in using it or if there is some other solution.
    Thanks
    Bob
    Metal to metal contact is easy to loosen. Use some friction material, such as rubber pad, leather or rubberized cork sheet. We have one for Ez-Leveler. Ask your resell if they have it in stock.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Nick, thanks
    A trip to the hardware store convinced me that Lock-Tite is not to be used. Got a mouse pad to try and a piece of rubber if the mouse pad doesnt work. Hadn't thought of leather and I do have some....
    I'll post my results
+ Reply to Thread