Ultimate M1 Rail on Arca Swiss Head

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ultimate M1 Rail on Arca Swiss Head

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Ultimate M1 Rail on Arca Swiss Head

Hi everyone,

I'd like to purchase the M1-L without Rotator, as i have a dedicated pano base in my arca swiss d4 classic included. My question is just if the size of the rail fits into the clamp directly. I am just asking, because arca also introduced a narrower standard as well and it is a little confusing sometimes. Thanks so far

Johannes
    Users Country Flag

Johannes,

Welcome to the forum.

The width of the rails is 38mm standard arca style and fits into arca style clamps like Kirk or RRS clamps for example.

Heinz

Thanks Heinz,

just ordered the M1-L. By comparing it to other systems I think it is a great design. Maybe only the vertical row could be a little bit longer to allow the 210mm row the zenith position, but that´s about it.

cheers
    Users Country Flag

Johannes,

In case you add the M1-Nadir Adapter, this will raise your vertical dimension with enough space for most of Nikon bodies and lenses for example to shoot the zenith.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5009.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	672Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5002.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	673

This was a special landscape set up for L-Bracket use. But you can see the differences in height in vertical rail with and without Nadir Adapter. Nadir Adapter adds 3.5cm in height to vertical rail. Using it, you have to change the set up of the vertical rail and the rotator on top of vertical rail. And it will change your lower rail setting as well = LRS as you can see in the pics. Just ask, I'll send you pics of different set up's.

What camera lens combination do you like to use?

So long,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 10-12-2012 at 06:30 AM.

I thought about the M1 Nadir, maybe later. I just do not prefer fixed parts. I think RRS has a good 1,75x Extender with its on clamp, thus it can be removed without any problem.

Will be using Nikon D800 + 24-70 / 16-35 mostly. Thats why i need the long rail. I think the zenith / nadir shots do not have to be the most accurate in the set of pictures, but i am just a beginner.
+ Reply to Thread