Which QR clamp and plate do I need?

Thread: Which QR clamp and plate do I need?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Which QR clamp and plate do I need?

I'm currently using a NN3 with an arca-swiss compatible clamp on the upper rail, so I can easily mount and dismount my camera from the pano head.

I'd like to switch to an arca-swiss compatible system that clamps the camera in the exact same place each time. I want the system to be accurate enough that it could be used for batch stitching with a better pano head in the future.

There are a lot of different NN clamps and plates, and I'm not sure which one(s) would be suitable for me?

Thanks

Dave
    Users Country Flag

what is your camera?

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Hi Nick

I'm using the Canon 5D mkII with Tokina 10-17mm fisheye (shaved).

Cheers

Dave
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kennard View Post
    Hi Nick

I'm using the Canon 5D mkII with Tokina 10-17mm fisheye (shaved).

Cheers

Dave
    this one should fit your need
    http://store.nodalninja.com/index.ph...em-asqrs2.html.

Do you still have 22mm clearance on the lower rail for accommodating other QR system which is typically >22mm?

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

My current QR clamp has a depth of about 16mm, but there is (just) enough room on the lower rail for a clamp with depth of 22mm.

Looking at the ASQRS2 images, it looks like a standard clamp and plate with a line on both that you line up. (i.e. accuracy depends on making sure the lines on the clamp and plate are aligned correctly rather than using locking pins to lock the plate in place). Do you think this would be accurate enough for batch stitching with the NN4? (I know you don't promote the NN4 as having repeatable results, but people seem to have had good success batch stitching with the NN5.)

Cheers

Dave