NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins, what a kind of grubscrews are good?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins, what a kind of grubscrews are good?

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins, what a kind of grubscrews are good?

Hey, I have my NN3 since a week, its my first nodal/pano head ... Its a good peace for making panos. Just I waiting about a 36°degree ring for dp1x ... ok, and this is also my question,

I was changing the click-stopp-rings on my first day not very smooth, so my NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins are a little bit abraded ... okay its only a little and 100% functionally. And there are also 2 new pieces NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins spare parts package. Thats ok ... but which set of headless screws / grubscrews, and where I can get these, should I buy?

I mean the two small NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins, this are just small, white grubscrews ... polyamid? plastic? I own also a wacom-tablet, and I know also, that this kind of material is not for the eternity .... ... hm, the rest is mostly made from metall, but why not these two small pins?

:D
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropainter View Post
    Hey, I have my NN3 since a week, its my first nodal/pano head ... Its a good peace for making panos. Just I waiting about a 36°degree ring for dp1x ... ok, and this is also my question,

I was changing the click-stopp-rings on my first day not very smooth, so my NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins are a little bit abraded ... okay its only a little and 100% functionally. And there are also 2 new pieces NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins spare parts package. Thats ok ... but which set of headless screws / grubscrews, and where I can get these, should I buy?

I mean the two small NN3 MKII Plastic Retainer Pins, this are just small, white grubscrews ... polyamid? plastic? I own also a wacom-tablet, and I know also, that this kind of material is not for the eternity .... ... hm, the rest is mostly made from metall, but why not these two small pins?

:D
    In order to change detent ring without using any tool while keeping the precision, something with some flexibility is needed. We used brass pins in original NN3. It is frequently either too loose or too tight,
    NN3II have been out for a long time. wearing of pins is rarely a reported issue.
    use a cutter blade (the blunt edge) if you don't have the right screw driver. Actually, the old pins may just work fine.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Screwdriver that would fit is one of the "instrument screwdrivers". Mine says ∅ 4.0 wide x 75mm.

Heinz
+ Reply to Thread