Samyang 8mm + R1 Ultimate

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samyang 8mm + R1 Ultimate

Share/Bookmark
  1. Samyang 8mm + R1 Ultimate

Question

Hello,
    before i used Sigma 8mm with R1 and it was easy because technique described in your manual (npp, degrees, number of shots).
    Now i am using Samyang 8 mm with R1 and cant find technique.
    I made many tests, i know that you will say to read johnpanos, michel toby, hugha, but in their texts i cant find answer on my questions.
    made a lot of tests, i am not a professional photographer, making panos just for real estate.

Could you help?
    I want to make real estate panoramas, have very cheap set: R1 ultimate+Samyang 8mm,
    how many shots, what degree, NPP

You don't say what type of panorama you are hoping to produce. The Sigma 8mm will produce a full 360x180 panorama with one row. The Samyang won't.
    John

Hi, John
    it's enough 360 around without nadir

We also bought zenith/nadir adapter

Quote Originally Posted by mirage9 View Post
    Hello,
    before i used Sigma 8mm with R1 and it was easy because technique described in your manual (npp, degrees, number of shots).
    Now i am using Samyang 8 mm with R1 and cant find technique.
    I made many tests, i know that you will say to read johnpanos, michel toby, hugha, but in their texts i cant find answer on my questions.
    made a lot of tests, i am not a professional photographer, making panos just for real estate.

Could you help?
    I want to make real estate panoramas, have very cheap set: R1 ultimate+Samyang 8mm,
    how many shots, what degree, NPP
    Hi mirage9,
    Here is a pano I did using the Samyang 8mm (aka Rokinon) with Sony NEX 5 on R1
    http://nodalninja.com/gallery/nex5_rokion_r1_5.html
    Workflow used consisted of setting the R1 with negative -7.5 tilt, 4 shots around + 1 shot up, manual mode, f/11, ISO400, WB Daylight.

Bill

We also bought zenith/nadir adapter
    Well, as Bill demonstrates, it's possible to take an extra shot with the adapter to fill in the zenith hole. That works well enough outdoors where there's nothing close directly above, but for indoor real estate work and a speedy workflow, I would opt for a full spherical head myself when using the Samyang.
    John
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    Well, as Bill demonstrates, it's possible to take an extra shot with the adapter to fill in the zenith hole. That works well enough outdoors where there's nothing close directly above, but for indoor real estate work and a speedy workflow, I would opt for a full spherical head myself when using the Samyang.
    John
    We will be releasing a lens ring mount spherical head soon.
    NN3 also works very well for Samyang 8mm.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    NN3 also works very well for Samyang 8mm.

Nick
    NN3 and Samyang 8mm are often recommended for panoramas to add colour to HDS (High Definition Survey) scans and are a sort of "standard" and provide a very viable combination.

Portrait or landscape?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Hi mirage9,
    Workflow used consisted of setting the R1 with negative -7.5 tilt, 4 shots around + 1 shot up, manual mode, f/11, ISO400, WB Daylight.

Bill
    I'm really surprised that you did that with only 4 around with a Samyang 8mm. Usually a 180 diagonal fisheye takes 6 or 5. And in those cases the overlap is very small. Was the camera rotated to put the diagonal vertical?

Which 8mm Samyang did you use. The new E-mount 8mm f2.8 Samyang or the original 8mm f3.5 Samyang?
    Last edited by DemonDuck; 08-06-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Portrait or landscape?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Hi mirage9,

Bill
    Users Country Flag

Portrait or landscape?
    Portrait for sure.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread