What about Sigma 4.5 fisheye?

Thread: What about Sigma 4.5 fisheye?

1. What about Sigma 4.5 fisheye?

Does anyone have any experience with the Sigma 4.5 fisheye for crop factor cameras? I am planing to buy one so I can take only 4 shoots around to make a full 360 panorama.

How is the picture quality? I have a Nikon 10.5 and wanted to compare the two lenses?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You will waste a lot of pixels with the 4.5mm lens, but you can download sample sets of images for that lens and also 10.5mmm taken with a D300 at:

Hello Zakinjo

I use both a Nikon 10.5mm (with a NN3) and a Sigma 4.5mm (with an R1 although I would get the same result with the NN3).

With the Sigma 4.5 I take 4 shots at 90° with a Nikon D3100, which is a DX or APS-C sensor and the image is full circle so John is right when he says you lose a lot of pixels because you are only using about 34% of the sensor.
    You could get away with 3 shots round @ 120° intervals, but I prefer the extra overlap with 4 shots round @ 90° so that I can use PTGui's Mask tool to eliminate "ghosts".

Most of the panoramas on
    were made with the Nikon D3100 and Sigma 4.5mm lens.
    We "cropped" the panoramas because the roof space is usually a lot of pipes and wiring and there are often stains on the carpets, but the lens does give a full spherical panorama and PTGui makes a good job of stitching them.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Hope this helps, Hugh.

Ty all for the input.
    I suppose from the examples shown that Nikon 10.5 has the advantage in picture quality over Sigma 4.5. Since I am interested in making really quality panoramas I will wait until I buy my first full frame camera (will probably go for the D800) so I can shave my Nikon 10.5, and use it to take 4 pic around.