Rrs bh-55

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rrs bh-55

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Rrs bh-55

Users Country Flag

Having sent back the gitzo ball head i am just about to order the rss bh-55, my question is, will the camera plate that was sent with the m1 work with this ballhead? and is there anything i need to know to get the m1 to work perfectly with the said ball head, i am still waiting for the D800 i have had on order for nearly 4 months, so i am not getting any use from the kit i have purchased, hence i cannot give any examples or whatever to the forum, not long now tho, i may stage a sit in at the shop, also would a leveling base used in conjunction with the ball head give any benefits? cheers
    Last edited by Kidraver; 07-01-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Get the screw knob clamp for your ball head. No guarantee to work with the lever clamp.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

I have tested Fanotec Camera Plates with RRS Lever Clamps. It works fine. There is space enough to lock the lever below the inserted camera plate. The height of the lever handle lets the lever just end below the bottom of the clamp itself.

Heinz
  4. Thanks

Users Country Flag

Thanks Nick, thanks Heinz, i did have my heart set on the flash lever job, once i get my camera i will be out taking some shots of the local coast and have some city pano's in mind as well, then i can be a 'contributing member', atm i would probably just expose my naivety, i will also post a short bio of where i am as a photographer, rip van winkle is the most apt phrase, anyway thanks for that. i did read someone in a forum suggest that having a ball head on a leveling base gives more stability, was wondering if that is indeed the case? not such a great idea for the poor sod who has to cart the gear around but if it does yield sharper shots, well i would consider moving a leveling base up my wish list. I have attached a shot from a train station in sydney city, cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Girl With Train.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	601  
+ Reply to Thread