Help naming new lens ring mount spherical pano heads
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help naming new lens ring mount spherical pano heads

Share/Bookmark

Hi guys,

Any news on when this will be available?

Cheers, Andy.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andybryant View Post
    Hi guys,

Any news on when this will be available?

Cheers, Andy.
    US customers can buy it next week. Customers in other area need to wait for resellers to stock it.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    US customers can buy it next week. Customers in other area need to wait for resellers to stock it.
    Hi Nick,

Is it up on the site yet? I've not been able to find it... (I've got family in the US).

Andy.

Hi Nick, Is it up on the site yet? I've not been able to find it... (I've got family in the US). Andy.
    Hi Andy - Fanotec's Nodal Ninja RS-1 is now available for purchase.
    http://store.nodalninja.com/index.ph...ninja-rs1.html
    we'll be tweaking the listing a bit over coming days and adding option to purchase without rotator. If you need RS-1 without rotator let me know through email (bill_at_nodalninja_dot_com) and we can set you up.

Bill

How many people leave a strap on their camera when they shoot panos? Your web page shows a camera with a strap on the RS-1.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post
    How many people leave a strap on their camera when they shoot panos? Your web page shows a camera with a strap on the RS-1.
    While this isn't my camera I for one leave a strap on the camera. Even while shooting a pano the strap is still wrapped around my neck as I walk in circles shooting. I would venture to guess many others also leave a strap on their camera.
  7. Help a confused pano guy... NN3MkII or RS1/rotator mini?

Ok... So I thought I had it sorted... but I'm still confused.

80% of the time I shoot spherical VR / 360x180s with a fish eye lens, but occasionally I come across a scene where I want to put a longer lens on and do a manual-gigapixel style shot. This is the sort of stuff I shoot - http://andy.bryant.name/pano

I'm currently using an Olympus OM-D E-M5 with a Samyang 7.5mm fisheye, and have also used Olympus 12mm, and 45mm lenses for more detailed panos.

My current system is NN3MkII + QR plate + nadir adaptor - which does the job, but to pack it down small in my bag I usually have to break down the upper rail from the lower rail - which takes extra time.

I'd like the ability to pack a smaller & lighter unit for VRs (including nadir coverage) with no assembly required (just attach the lens-mount for the Samyang 7.5mm), with the ability to occasionally add a short upper rail to mount the camera base-plate with say the 45mm for a manual gigapixel shoot.

I think I need the Nodal Ninja RS-1 + rotator mini + nadir adaptor + the upper rail & QR clamp in this picture
    https://fanotec-public.s3.amazonaws.com/B3.jpg

Will this work? Which upper rail & QR clamp would I need? Or can I reuse the one from the NN3Mk2?

Will this actually be smaller/lighter than the system I have?

Although actually I'm beginning to think that the NN3MkII is actually pretty close; and I've already got one of these ;-) so perhaps I should just stick with what I've got.

Thoughts?
    Users Country Flag

Ok... So I thought I had it sorted... but I'm still confused.

80% of the time I shoot spherical VR / 360x180s with a fish eye lens, but occasionally I come across a scene where I want to put a longer lens on and do a manual-gigapixel style shot. This is the sort of stuff I shoot - http://andy.bryant.name/pano

I'm currently using an Olympus OM-D E-M5 with a Samyang 7.5mm fisheye, and have also used Olympus 12mm, and 45mm lenses for more detailed panos.

My current system is NN3MkII + QR plate + nadir adaptor - which does the job, but to pack it down small in my bag I usually have to break down the upper rail from the lower rail - which takes extra time.

I'd like the ability to pack a smaller & lighter unit for VRs (including nadir coverage) with no assembly required (just attach the lens-mount for the Samyang 7.5mm), with the ability to occasionally add a short upper rail to mount the camera base-plate with say the 45mm for a manual gigapixel shoot.

I think I need the Nodal Ninja RS-1 + rotator mini + nadir adaptor + the upper rail & QR clamp in this picture
    https://fanotec-public.s3.amazonaws.com/B3.jpg

Will this work? Which upper rail & QR clamp would I need? Or can I reuse the one from the NN3Mk2?

Will this actually be smaller/lighter than the system I have?

Although actually I'm beginning to think that the NN3MkII is actually pretty close; and I've already got one of these ;-) so perhaps I should just stick with what I've got.

Thoughts?
    In your case, I can't see much advantage for changing to NN RS1. It may not fit your camera with rails and QR system. The RS1 is just make big enough for the lens rings. The picture shown is an NN4 variant.
    with rail stops, you can setup and break down NN3 easily.

BTW, Nice panos on your site.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 10-25-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    In your case, I can't see much advantage for changing to NN RS1. It may not fit your camera with rails and QR system. The RS1 is just make big enough for the lens rings. The picture shown is an NN4 variant.
    with rail stops, you can setup and break down NN3 easily.

BTW, Nice panos on your site.
    Hi Nick,

Many thanks for confirming what I had suspected, and thanks again for the comment on the panos :)

Andy.