templates and control points

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: templates and control points

Share/Bookmark
  1. templates and control points

Hi everyone,
    I want to make gigapixel panoramas, about 120 degrees hFOV.
    My zero experience makes me ask this question:

Can I do without templates or sometimes there are situations when stitching is possible ONLY using templates? Like open sky or sea where control point cannot be found.
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

PTGuiPro has the align to grid function. Go to >project in the top tab, you find align to grip.

http://www.ptgui.com/examples/creati..._panohead.html

Heinz

Thanks Hindenhaag!

So there is a way to stitch no control points images without templates.
    Users Country Flag

You tell PTGui how many pictures you shot per row and how many rows are involved in those pics with blue sky for example. The pics are placed in a grid one after the other when you have told the program about the way you shot your pics.

You can download a trial to test the program.

See also www.Kolor.com : AutopanoGiga. Similar program to PTGuiPro. But this is not my personal favorite based on older versions of Autopano. At that time I decided to go for PTGui. But there are different updates of Kolor since then but I did not upgrade all of them. I prefered to have more control about the software instead of a lot of things happening automatically. So I did not test the latest versions. But you should give it a try as well.

Have a look to PTGui's information about "templates". This is a special term used to save data of a pano with minimum CP distance close to 1.0 for example trimmed by adding manual CP = Control Points or deleting bad ones. You can save this data to a "Template", and "Apply Template" stitching your next pano. This helps PTGui to find Control points automatically.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 06-12-2012 at 01:44 PM.
+ Reply to Thread