Arca Swiss clamp for upper arm

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arca Swiss clamp for upper arm

Share/Bookmark
  1. Arca Swiss clamp for upper arm

Hello,

I ordered the arca swiss clamp (QRC-40B) and can't for the life of me figure out how to use it on the upper arm and mount my camera vertically. I'm sure I'm being dense and missing something obvious, but if someone is using this clamp (instead of the standard ones supplied with the NN4), could you point me to some instructions or pictures of the clamp?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnesh View Post
    Hello,

I ordered the arca swiss clamp (QRC-40B) and can't for the life of me figure out how to use it on the upper arm and mount my camera vertically. I'm sure I'm being dense and missing something obvious, but if someone is using this clamp (instead of the standard ones supplied with the NN4), could you point me to some instructions or pictures of the clamp?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

We don't include a 3/8" to 1/4"adapter in the QRC-40B by default. That is the problem for you. We probably should include that in the future.
    You can use a 3/8" to 1/4"adapter from the lower rotator. Install the adapter from top of clamp (to keep the bottom flat). Then just tighten the clamp to CP2.
    QRC-40A should be a better choice.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 06-04-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

I was just in the process of trying to figure out if the QRC-40B is compatible the NN4. It looks like it does so I should be safe to order it.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nagoyajin View Post
    I was just in the process of trying to figure out if the QRC-40B is compatible the NN4. It looks like it does so I should be safe to order it.
    QRC-40A should be simpler to install.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread