Patents for pano head or tilt head?

Thread: Patents for pano head or tilt head?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Patents for pano head or tilt head?

Users Country Flag

Dear Members,

I have some great pano head design that may be patent worthy.
    if you have seen any patent related to pano head, tilt head, angle divider etc, please let me know.
    as a reward for relevant contribution, you get $100 discount for buying any Fanotec products. Further, one of the contributors will win (by lucky draw) an NN Ult M2 when released this year.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 05-20-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Dear Members,

I have some great pano head design that may be patent worthy.
    if you have seen any patent related to pano head, tilt head, angle divider etc, please let me know.
    as a reward for relevant contribution, you get $100 discount for buying any Fanotec products. Further, one of the contributors will win (by lucky draw) an NN Ult M2 when released this year.

Nick
    Best see a patent attorney Nick. From what I've read, it's not something to be done casually.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post
    Best see a patent attorney Nick. From what I've read, it's not something to be done casually.
    Patent attorney charges by work they need to do. The more info I can prepare, the cheaper I guess.
    I am looking for references that I can cite.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Patent attorney charges by work they need to do. The more info I can prepare, the cheaper I guess.
    I am looking for references that I can cite.
    For references, this makes complete sense. See this patent here:
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6991384.html

Within it the author references similar devices, like this Kodak patent, and parts of the system, like the rotational indexing method. References also show that you have at least done some due diligence to find "prior work" (though in the USPO that doesn't seem to matter much anymore...)

Hello Nick,

It is firstly important to keep your ideas to yourself and really to yourself, then you can conduct searches at the relevant patent offices.
    It is also important to consider in which countries you wish to lodge your patents.
    I was successful in being granted a UK patent in 1976 for my 360 Degree Panoramic Optic and lodged it without using a Patent Lawyer, but when we decided to go for a European patent for a method of measuring tunnles with a light line and photograph around 1980 using a Patent Lawyer costs spirled out of control and we eventually abandoned the application.
    If we had gone for a UK patent in 1980 we may have succeeded as we were granted a USA patent on the basis that we were successful with our European application and I am sure that had we gone for a UK patent we would have succeeded and achieved both a UK and USA patent.

I hope this information is helpful to you, Hugh.