Complete Nodal Ninja system for Nikon D700 and Nikkor 24-70 lens.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Complete Nodal Ninja system for Nikon D700 and Nikkor 24-70 lens.

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Complete Nodal Ninja system for Nikon D700 and Nikkor 24-70 lens.

Today I wont to order my Nodal Ninja system. I'm totally new in panoramic photography but I wont to start with a proper equipment from the beginning. If any one could answer to my questions I will be great full.

My camera is Nikon D700, lens Nikkor 24-70. So far I decided to go with NN4 with RD16 and EZ Leveler II but I'm considering also instead RD16 and EZ Leveler II buying RD3L 6.8.30 EZ Leveler II. I don't know which way to go. Is there a big difference between RD3L 6.8.30 and RD16?

I also would like to know which plate to choose for Nikon D700 and in general do I pick up right components for making spherical panoramas?

Thnx a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoNeon View Post
    Today I wont to order my Nodal Ninja system. I'm totally new in panoramic photography but I wont to start with a proper equipment from the beginning. If any one could answer to my questions I will be great full.
    My camera is Nikon D700, lens Nikkor 24-70. So far I decided to go with NN4 with RD16 and EZ Leveler II but I'm considering also instead RD16 and EZ Leveler II buying RD3L 6.8.30 EZ Leveler II. I don't know which way to go. Is there a big difference between RD3L 6.8.30 and RD16?
    I also would like to know which plate to choose for Nikon D700 and in general do I pick up right components for making spherical panoramas?
    Thnx a lot.
    You are on the right track with NN4 w/RD16 (16 detent options). The RD3L only has 3 options and more restrictive.
    thx
    Bill

Cool, thnx for reply. So I will go with NN4 w/RD16 and EZ Leveler II. Can you advise me which plate should I choose for D700?

I have just last question. Is land Nikkor 24-70 on full frame sensor camera Nikon d700 right to take spherical panoramas? Sorry my ignorance, I'm totally new into this.

Thnx.
    Users Country Flag

Hi Leo,

sorry but I like to step in. The Nikkor 24-70 on D700 asks a very long upper rail. On M1-L the upper rail setting is 176mm. Have a look to the discussion we had some time ago about D700 and 24-70 Nikkor.

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...700+14-24+lens

If you really want to use the 24-70mm lens you have to change over to M1-L.

Most favorite lenses for D700 are 16mm/f2.8, shaved 10.5/f2.8, 14-24mm/f2.8. In case you like to start with a cheaper solution you could go for a shaved Samyang 8mm/f3.5 AE for around 300€ to test to take spherical panos. Sigma 8mm/f3.5 is around the price of a nikkor 10.5mm or 16mm. 24-70 will ask a lot more shots with all the consequences. It is not used very often.

RD16 EZ-Leveller II is the right choice. I would add the Nadir Adapter, either to NN4 or M1-L as well.

Heinz

Thnx hindenhaag for your reply.

I have decided to go with M1-L wRD16, Nadir Adapter, CP - U3 and EZ-Leveller II. Hopefully it will allow me to do interior spherical panoramas with D700 and Nikkor 24-70 even if more work with stitching and post processing is required. Later on I will buy a new lens.

Regards,

P.
+ Reply to Thread