NN4 Washers

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN4 Washers

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN4 Washers

Hello,

I have just received my NN4 and I am a little uncertain where the washers should be placed. My NN4 package contains some metal and some plastic washers. At first I thought them to be spare parts.
    While inspecting the NN I noticed, on the knob connecting the upper and the lower arm there is a metal washer followed imediatley by a plastic washer. Both washers are next to the plastic part of the knob and below the lower arm. A rubber ring on the thread prevents the knob from falling off.
    The knob holding the CP-2 plate has just a little rubber ring attached. There are no washers on this knob. Since turning it feels a little "crunshy" I was wondering if some washers should be added there.
    The exploded view from the manual is no help here since it looks quite different from my NN4. According to this view every knob has a metal washer and there are no plastic washers at all. Even the knob for the upper rotator (the one with the fixed 15 degree steps) got a metal washer. In my NN4 package there is no washer that would fit this knob. Is it OK to operate this knob without a washer or are there parts missing?

Could anybody help me, please?

Regards
    Holger
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by holger View Post
    The knob holding the CP-2 plate has just a little rubber ring attached. There are no washers on this knob. Since turning it feels a little "crunshy" I was wondering if some washers should be added there.
    Sorry, this is a mistake in the assembly of your unit. Yes, washers should be added in the CP2 mounting knob. Remove it from the rail at the far end. Remove the O-ring. Add a metal one, followed by a plastic one. add the O-ring and reinstall on the rail.

I apologize for the omission again.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Many thanks for the quick reply. I think there are no apologies necessary. This one is pretty easy to fix.

What about the upper rotator? Is it correct, that there is no washer needed on the knob?

Regards
    Holger
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by holger View Post
    Many thanks for the quick reply. I think there are no apologies necessary. This one is pretty easy to fix.

What about the upper rotator? Is it correct, that there is no washer needed on the knob?

Regards
    Holger
    Upper rotator knob has "washer" integrated. no need for other washers.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Wow, this is what I call fast support. Thanks again for your reply.

Already thought so because the knob feels really smooth on the inside. I just wanted to doublecheck.

Now I will have a hard time waiting to knock off work before I can try my NN4. I have been pretty satisfied with the NN3 but the NN4 looks and feels so much better. :)

Regards
    Holger
+ Reply to Thread