NN5, CP2 and QRC-55 and Really Right Stuff L-bracket

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN5, CP2 and QRC-55 and Really Right Stuff L-bracket

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN5, CP2 and QRC-55 and Really Right Stuff L-bracket

I need some help with this set-up.

I have a Nodal Ninja 5 and I use Really Right Stuff L-brackets on my camera bodies. December 2010 I purchased an Arca Style Quick Release Clamp and everything worked fine until the brass screw assembly that is part of the clamp tightening lever snapped.

I contacted Nodal Ninja and learned out that this clamp is discontinued and that there are no replacement parts available for the clamp either. I am directed to purchase a QRC-55 along with a CP-2 plate which I have done. No documentation arrives with these components (CP-2 I have found some docs on line, nothing for QRC-55).

1. I have found that I cannot screw in the CP-2 plate to the Nodal Ninja NN5 as the male threads on the threaded knobs that come with the NN5 do not match up with the female threads on the CP-2. I can turn perhaps 1/2 revolution then it jams, and I do not wish to force this further, because that is usually a "bad" thing to do.

So obviously at this point I am still out of luck with my set-up. What needs to be done to get over this hurdle?

2. Assuming that #1 can be addressed, is their any recommended way to set up the CP-2 with the QRC-55?

I have figured that I insert one of the two small silver "screws" into the hole on the underside of the QRC-55 opposite to the large thumb screw (tightens the clamp to the L-bracket), and attach the unit to the CP-2, with the CP-2 flange also opposite the thumb screw. LEaves about a 5 mm gap between the flange and the QRC-55, but I suppose that is just the way it is supposed to be.

Any advice would be appreciated, particularly with item #1 which is the show-stopper.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Andrew Kulin
    http://www.andrewkulin.com
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewKulin View Post
    I need some help with this set-up.

I have a Nodal Ninja 5 and I use Really Right Stuff L-brackets on my camera bodies. December 2010 I purchased an Arca Style Quick Release Clamp and everything worked fine until the brass screw assembly that is part of the clamp tightening lever snapped.
    Hi Andrew,

Did you buy the clamp new from our resellers? We offered to replace all the brass lever screw with a stainless one long time ago. I assume you have ASQRC2. We still have the parts.
    Check your private message. Since you are in CA, I will handle your support directly.

Do you have an old NN5 knob with chrome coating? There may be a slight mismatch of thread for some units.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread