Gitzo Tripod for pole 2

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gitzo Tripod for pole 2

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Gitzo Tripod for pole 2

I was able to find an old gitzo tripod design for 4X5 camera that weight 15 pounds and can be raised almost to 6 feet + 18 inches on the geared column. As I am waiting for my pole 2 lower unit that will be combined with my pole 1, it seems ideal to combine the pole with the tripod for stability shoots that requires HDR. In theory I will be able to take shoots at roughly 24 feet high. Any of view have the same set up and is it ok to raise it to this height with this tank tripod. I will post the picture once I have all the component! Of course I do have the adapter for tripod that you offer and will be attached (option A as it the column is 3/8 treaded at its based)
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by softgad View Post
    I was able to find an old gitzo tripod design for 4X5 camera that weight 15 pounds and can be raised almost to 6 feet + 18 inches on the geared column. As I am waiting for my pole 2 lower unit that will be combined with my pole 1, it seems ideal to combine the pole with the tripod for stability shoots that requires HDR. In theory I will be able to take shoots at roughly 24 feet high. Any of view have the same set up and is it ok to raise it to this height with this tank tripod. I will post the picture once I have all the component! Of course I do have the adapter for tripod that you offer and will be attached (option A as it the column is 3/8 treaded at its based)
    I am sure the extra weight of tripod adds to the stability of the system.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread