The NEX c3 and the NEX 3 seem to have exactly the same alignment parameters.

Thread: The NEX c3 and the NEX 3 seem to have exactly the same alignment parameters.

Share/Bookmark
  1. The NEX c3 and the NEX 3 seem to have exactly the same alignment parameters.

I upgraded from NEX 3 to NEX c3 and I found that the alignment for the NEX 3 is the same as the NEX c3.

Using the NEX VCL-ECF1 fisheye adapter, I think that 6 around at 15degrees down + zenith at 65 degrees up and a nadir patch will work just fine.

But the NEX c3 is a lot smaller and lighter. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post
    I upgraded from NEX 3 to NEX c3 and I found that the alignment for the NEX 3 is the same as the NEX c3.

Using the NEX VCL-ECF1 fisheye adapter, I think that 6 around at 15degrees down + zenith at 65 degrees up and a nadir patch will work just fine.

But the NEX c3 is a lot smaller and lighter. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Thanks for the info. We will make a smaller camera plate in the future when I have more time.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Thanks for the info. We will make a smaller camera plate in the future when I have more time.

Nick
    I'm using the xCP-1 now. It works. The camera and lens are light enough that there is little twisting moment. The cork gives a good grip.

But aligning the camera perfectly on the plate is difficult. It's all by eye. I sight over the back of the camera and line up the rear edge of the plate. Fortunately, I can leave the plate on and still change batteries. But over time, the camera does twist out of alignment.

I'm using the NEX VCL-ECF1 fisheye adapter which is really good for the price. I tried rolling a 6 around pano 30 degrees and tilted up 10 in PTGui (I didn't roll the actual camera) by adjusting the image parameters and it seemed to cover enough so that all that would be needed to complete the sphere would be the nadir patch.

So if there was a lens ring adapter for the NN3 that would let one rotate the camera 30 degrees, that would be a nice simple kit. Or another way would be a 30 degree wedge camera plate. That would be even simpler.
    Last edited by DemonDuck; 03-16-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Users Country Flag

I believe the Nikon 10.5 ring (with just a little modification) works.

http://www.panoguide.com/forums/qna/9196/?page=3
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
    I believe the Nikon 10.5 ring (with just a little modification) works.

http://www.panoguide.com/forums/qna/9196/?page=3
    We have dedicated ring for Nex 16mm/ 18-55mm already.

Nick

Fanotec

Questions about the NEX lens ring:

1) Does it fit the fisheye adapter or does it fit the 16mm lens or does it fit both?

2) If used on the 16mm + fisheye adapter combination, does it put the fisheye at the proper NPP? The fisheye adapter adds about 3cm to the NPP of the 16mm lens.
    Users Country Flag

Questions about the NEX lens ring:

1) Does it fit the fisheye adapter or does it fit the 16mm lens or does it fit both?

2) If used on the 16mm + fisheye adapter combination, does it put the fisheye at the proper NPP? The fisheye adapter adds about 3cm to the NPP of the 16mm lens.
    Lens ring fit the 16mm and also the fisheye converter. NPP is adjustable.

Nick

Fanotec

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Lens ring fit the 16mm and also the fisheye converter. NPP is adjustable.

Nick
    Sounds good. There is a lock/unlock button on the fisheye adapter. It stick out about millimeter -- is there a hole or groove for that button?

When you get the NN3 adapter for lens rings done, I think I'll probably go ahead and get the lens ring and adapter. I really want to try a rotated camera shoot sequence.
    Users Country Flag

Sounds good. There is a lock/unlock button on the fisheye adapter. It stick out about millimeter -- is there a hole or groove for that button?

When you get the NN3 adapter for lens rings done, I think I'll probably go ahead and get the lens ring and adapter. I really want to try a rotated camera shoot sequence.
    Ring clamps on the 16mm, regardless of converter.

Nick

Fanotec