9 New Fanotec Precision Camera Plates Dedicated for Panoramic Photographers
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9 New Fanotec Precision Camera Plates Dedicated for Panoramic Photographers

Share/Bookmark
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by slerman View Post
    If I replace the standard clamp on the NN5 rotator with the new QR 55mm one will the camera plate click into position? If that works all I need to know is if the camera plate C1 fits the new Canon 5D MKIII...
    QRC-55 is a good choice. You just mount on the CP2. The cork on CP2 should provides enough friction without twisting.
    C1 is cameras specific unless canon decides to keep the anti-twisting pin at the same position.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Just an add-on: To mount QR40A directly to Camera Plate Mounting Knob of NN5 we need a lift of 10mm for free space of the knob. http://store.nodalninja.com/products...ting-Knob.html
    To avoid twist, we need a socket in the adapter for the Anti Twist Screws of QR40a to be very secure. Just got an idea this evening. Cp-2 camera plate has a total height of 10mm. With the high Anti Twist Flange of it it might be possible to secure QR40A in position without Anti twist Screw Sockets in the Adapter. I'll test it tomorrow and try to take some pics. In case it will work, you can just use your old CP-2 Camera Plate to slide along the upper rail of NN5 and use the new brilliant camera plates on NN3 NN4 NN5, in case the lower rail will take the new offset. I will tell you tomorrow.

Heinz
    QRC-40A also works. It may work better than QRC-55 because the sides are straight lines. It works with anti-twisting flange on CP2.

Nick

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Good News!!

I tested D300s, New Fanotec Plate U3, QR40A mounted to CP-2 fixed to NN5 upper rail. It works. Rare design, but the long nose gives a better Anti Twist to QR40A than for QR55 cause of the curved lines As Nick already mentioned. Plus QR40A is smaller than QR55.
    Now to mount it to CP-2 the bottom Of QR40A has to be plain, all outstanding small Anti Twist Screws have to taken out. You can quite easily use the Cp-2 without any need for drilling sockets or something else. In case you can not reach the QR40A with the long Flange of CP-2, you just have to change the place of the small silver screw to get more space to move the top part of CP-2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QR40A_CP-2_NN5.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	132.3 KB 
ID:	528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QR40A_CP-5_NN5_2.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	537Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4076.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4077.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4078.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	536Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4079.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4086.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4084.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4085.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_4083.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	530

The Camera Plate U3-QR40A adds 20mm to your lower rails setting. D300s on NN5 NN4 = 60, now 80.
    I am afraid that it does not work on NN3MKII cause the rail in most cases should be too short.

Result: the New Fanotec Camera Plates will work on NN5 NN4 with the help of CP-2 Camera Plate that came with NN5 NN4.

This is the clamp you have to order plus your camera plate: http://store.nodalninja.com/products...pper-Rail.html

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-07-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    D3 plate should be available in Jan.

Nick
    Nick -
    Any update? The rig Heinz worked out for my D300 that I use on the NN5 is really great! Looking forward to ease of use with the M1-L with the D3 plate when it is available.

Bob
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBob View Post
    Nick -
    Any update? The rig Heinz worked out for my D300 that I use on the NN5 is really great! Looking forward to ease of use with the M1-L with the D3 plate when it is available.

Bob
    I wanted to save some money by not getting a D3. It seems impossible. Just got a D3 last week. I will make some last tweak to the prototype and start the production.

Nick

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Thank you Nick, I eagerly await...

Do you plan to get a plate for Pentax 645D ? the ones I found are not very nice, Kirk one is in the wrong direction to attach it on M1L, and RRS doesn't work well with the security pin of the M1L and is a little narrow on open side :(

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vincèn View Post
    Do you plan to get a plate for Pentax 645D ? the ones I found are not very nice, Kirk one is in the wrong direction to attach it on M1L, and RRS doesn't work well with the security pin of the M1L and is a little narrow on open side :(
    Do a 600 dpi scan of base for Pentax 645D and send it to me. I am afraid the cost of 645D is too high for me to get one.

Nick

Fanotec