9 New Fanotec Precision Camera Plates Dedicated for Panoramic Photographers

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 9 New Fanotec Precision Camera Plates Dedicated for Panoramic Photographers

Share/Bookmark
  1. 9 New Fanotec Precision Camera Plates Dedicated for Panoramic Photographers

Users Country Flag

Fanotec is proud to release 9 new Arca style precision camera plates dedicated for panoramic photographers. These plates are a coherent part of the Ultimate Modular Series. They are designed to meet the following stringent requirements.

Strong Anti-twisting Supporting use for Heavy Cameras and Lenses
    Cameras are normally mounted in portrait orientation on a panoramic tripod head (pano head). The weight of a big lens and camera can generate large twisting forces which is difficult to overcome by friction alone. Fanotec camera plates (except the universal ones) all have an anti-twisting pin or flange built in to support heavier lenses and cameras.

Precision and Reproducible Mounting of a Camera on a Pano Head
    To get parallax free stitching, the entrance pupil of a lens must be positioned at the rotation axis/axes of a pano head. To avoid the need of recalibration each time after the plate is removed and reinstalled, there must be some mechanism to remember the position of the plate on the camera. These new plates utilize an anti-twisting pin/flange (or ruler scale as in case of the universal plates) to fulfill this purpose.

Compatible with Many Cameras
    While the above features are also available in plates from other manufacturers, they are usually custom made for a specific camera requiring users to buy a new plate for a different camera. Fanotec plates (in general) are designed to work with many cameras by carefully analyzing a large range of cameras available in the market. They are contoured to match the shape of targeted cameras while maintaining their ergonomics. One of the biggest advantages of Fanotec camera specific plates is that they will also work for many other cameras of similar base design. (See camera plate item description in the store for list of mutually acceptable cameras).

Automatic Alignment in Quick Release Clamps
    Most Arca style plates are designed to slide back and forth inside the adjoining quick release (QR) clamp. This means the user must position the tripod socket (camera base mount) by carefully nudging the camera until properly aligned. Fanotec plates however are designed to align automatically with the safety pin in the Fanotec Quick Release Clamps (QRC). Markings for the tripod socket position are also included to work with QRCs from other manufacturers.

Safety Mechanisms
    Fanotec QR clamps have a safety pin to keep the camera plate from sliding out of the clamp should it not be properly tightened. This is extremely important when a camera is mounted in portrait orientation on a pano head. New Fanotec plates even have extra sockets for installing safety stop screws to work with clamps from other manufacturers.

Dual Hand Strap Lugs
    The new Fanotec plates (in general) have dual hand strap lugs to allow users to attach a hand or neck strap.

Watch for more unique precision camera plates coming soon from Fanotec.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag
    Last edited by nick fan; 12-09-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Sorry for posting too many embedded image here previously.

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Hello Nick,

Now we know why it took you some time to get all these plates ready. A lot of brainstorming.

Thanks a lot, well done, we know why we use Nodal Ninja Fanotec

Cheers,
    Heinz
  4. Camera Plates

Users Country Flag

My thanks aslo, Nick. Especially glad to see the "repositioning" features that has been an irritation with my NN5 - just bought the M1-L and look forward to getting the plate for the D3; beleive I saw your note that you had received a scan of it - any idea when it will be available?
    Bob
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreBob View Post
    My thanks aslo, Nick. Especially glad to see the "repositioning" features that has been an irritation with my NN5 - just bought the M1-L and look forward to getting the plate for the D3; beleive I saw your note that you had received a scan of it - any idea when it will be available?
    Bob
    D3 plate should be available in Jan.

Nick

Fanotec

If you used quarter size pictures, you would give the same information and the page would load faster.

Bob
    in the meantime you can use the U1G plate, it fits nicely on D3/D3S/D3X, and it won't twist :)

Vincèn

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
    Users Country Flag

Am I correct in thinking that the CP-U3 work with the Quick Release of the ASQRS2 system that I have for my NN5?
    Users Country Flag

Am I correct in thinking that the CP-U3 work with the Quick Release of the ASQRS2 system that I have for my NN5?
    you have to align the tripod socket position manually in that case.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 12-09-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Fanotec

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    you have to align the tripod socket position manually in that case.

Nick
    Hi Nick,

I am not quite understand with the above statement..:D
    and how about CP-C1, is it compatible to use with ASQRS2?

Thx.

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
    Users Country Flag

Riefa,

All the new camera plates are "arca style" plates. So all of them should fit into ASQRS2. As far as I know, the new plates are designed to click into place being centered to tripod mount socket by using the brass pin of the new QRClamps of M1 System.

Using the ASQRS2 plate - the old system - the new plates will not be automatically centered to the tripod mount socket of the camera by "click". You have to center the white marks on camera plate and on the ASQRS2 manually.

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Riefa,

All the new camera plates are "arca style" plates. So all of them should fit into ASQRS2. As far as I know, the new plates are designed to click into place being centered to tripod mount socket by using the brass pin of the new QRClamps of M1 System.

Using the ASQRS2 plate - the old system - the new plates will not be automatically centered to the tripod mount socket of the camera by "click". You have to center the white marks on camera plate and on the ASQRS2 manually.

Heinz
    Ah i c, I didn't realize that the M1 System QR Clamps has the 'click' mechanism to center the tripod mount.

Thank you Heinz, all clear now ;)

Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
    Users Country Flag

Riefa,

Pleasure, these are the secrets behind this Great System.

I "add-on" one of Nick's pics changed to demonstrate it. This System is a great help to "Reproduce Position for Dummies", a seri of books - for Dummies- in europe to explain how to get to the point easily . What means, you just click in and you are centered to tripod mount camera screw position. Precise, every time you click in. This is the secret behind this System added to all Quick Release Clamps and new camera plates of the M1 System.

Because this "Click System" is added to all Quick Release Clamps of the M1-System, we might expect an add-on to the M1 rails to "Click into NPP" for different Camera Lens Combinations to get automatic reproducible click alignment to get close to "low manual CP-placement" in software like PTGuiPro. Serves Batch Stitching Panos. "Pano to Go", because of great design of the hardware and great service of the "Big Two" Nick and Bill and everybody who is working behind the curtain, you just have to go out and shoot, not thinking about settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Automatic Alignment of the new NN Camera Plates.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	413

Cheers,
    Heinz

BTW: Sorry for the via via bad quality of the pic.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 12-12-2011 at 10:34 AM.
  14. Overview of the New Fanotec Precision Camera Plates

Users Country Flag
    Thumbs up

Hello,

to avoid us clicking through the store pages to get to know the camera bodies to be used with the new plates, I have set up an overview:

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Fanotec Precisions Camera Plates.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	209.9 KB
ID:	417

To see examples have a look to this link of Nick:

http://fanotec-public.s3.amazonaws.c...es_gallery.pdf

These are the NIKON Plates: D70, D70s: U2

D80, D90, D100, D200, D300/s, D700, D7000: U3

D1x: U3G

D3: there will be a new plate around Jan 2012, at the moment use U1G

I will try to test the new plates for D3100, D5100, at the moment with not too heavy lenses you can use U1

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 12-18-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    to avoid us clicking through the store pages to get to know the camera bodies to be used with the new plates, I have set up an overview:
    nice

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
+ Reply to Thread