Detent plunger adjustment when ball is string too low.

Thread: Detent plunger adjustment when ball is string too low.

Share/Bookmark
  1. Detent plunger adjustment when ball is string too low.

Users Country Flag

I have a Nodal Ninja 3 MKII that has been working fine for a last couple of years until recently. Now there is a lot of play at the stops. I tried to tighten as per instructions (pdf) but there is no more room to tighten. It looks like the ball is sitting low. Is there a way to adjust it more or do I need to get a replacement part for that?
    Last edited by Nagoyajin; 10-17-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nagoyajin View Post
    I have a Nodal Ninja 3 MKII that has been working fine for a last couple of years until recently. Now there is a lot of play at the stops. I tried to tighten as per instructions (pdf) but there is no more room to tighten. It looks like the ball is sitting low. Is there a way to adjust it more or do I need to get a replacement part for that? Also, when I took it apart, a small o-ring fell out but I'm not sure where it should be replaced - the pdf don't show this.
    Do you have a detent ring (any side) that is rarely used? Does the detent plunger still give play with this detent ring?
    You can try to remove the o-ring inside or replace it with thinner elastic stuff. It doesn't hurt to try. Just keep the brass part of detent plunger below the rotator top surface. Otherwise, it will be worn out by the detent ring and cause wearing to the ring as well. You can test this with the blank detent ring or any flat surface. Press it against the click ball. You should see no slit when facing the light.
    if it doesn't work, either the plunger or the detent ring wears out and needs replacement.

nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 10-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.