What exactly does the M1-L package include?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What exactly does the M1-L package include?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. What exactly does the M1-L package include?

Hey. I'd like to know which parts (rails, clamps) are included in the M1-L. I know it's customizable, but what's the default set?
    Thank you.
    Users Country Flag

Hi Deedee,

have a look to user guide:

http://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/M1...lation_QRG.pdf

http://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/M1...lation_QRG.pdf

M1-L : default set

Upper Rail MFR 170 ( = 170mm ) combined with Quick Release Clamp QRC - 40A ( Takes Camera Plate )

Lower Rail MFR 210 ( = 210mm ) fixed to QRC mounted on top of Rotator RD8/16 Quick Release Clamp QRC - 55 ( Takes Lower Rail MFR210 )

Vertical Rail MFVR 170 C ( = 170mm) Takes Upper Rotator M1-UR 75 ( Takes QRC - 55 to take Upper Rail )

Camera Plate U1 ( flat Universal Plate )

Additional accessories:

U1G instead of U1 ( curved Camera Plate for cameras like D3 or similar Canon, automatically set in lens axis ) New more individual plates are in the pipeline.

QRC65 : serves to offer more space to keep the upper/lower rail in case the settings expand the middle of the clamp or heavy weight of camera lens equipment.This means only half of the clamp is used to hold the rail. QRC 65 gives more hold cause it is wider ( 65mm ).

MFR210 : can replace MFR170 as upper rail. Some lenses need a longer rail than MFR170 to use all zoom settings for example.

Check your camera lens combination before you place your order. You can order MFR210 as upper rail instead of MFR170 in case you need it. Or as an extra rail if you need both lengths. The luxe version of an extra upper rail would be an additional QRC40A. In this case you can change the upper rails on the fly without changing the Clamp from one rail to the other each time your have to change the rail length.

M1-NA : M1- Nadir Adapter. Besides great help to shoot the Nadir shots it adds height to the vertical rail and gives more free space for Zenith shots to reach the +90° position. For me the add on number one!

QRC 40B : used in combination with QRC 40A Some fisheye lens camera combinations show the end of the upper rail in the shot. With this combination you can slide the camera forward on the upper rail to avoid this. In most cases it does not show in stitched Pano, besides D5100 and D3100 where it shows in the stitched pano.

Hope this helps a little bit, what camera lens combinations would you like to use? I can check for Nikon Equipment concerning 170/210mm or look to M1-Settings I send a time ago.

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...-for-Nikonians

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...-170mm-MFR-170 Of course in MFR210 as well.

Regards,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 10-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Yes, it does help a great deal Heinz - Thank you!
    I'm planning to use it with D700 and 14-24 f/2.8. I know it's a big, heavy lens but I don't own the 16mm yet :/
    I already have the L-bracket from RRS (no grip) and I would like to get the nadir adapter as well to extend the vertical rail and make shooting nadir easier. So, with my current setup do I need any additional accessories or make changes to the default set?
    Users Country Flag

You need the MFR210 as upper rail for 14-24 f/2.8 instead of MFR170 in default set.

Add the EZ-Leveller II, you will have some torque opening up the Nadir Adapter. Re-Leveling will be much easier with the leveller instead of changing around with tripod legs.

14-24 is heavy, but brilliant to use in "calm places". My favorite besides 16mm for FX. Next is 50mm f/1.4. Most Panos of Vincen are taken with 14-24 as well.

Use the L-Bracket instead U1 camera plate directly on QRC 40A. Keep U1 in spare to fix another camera to M1.

Check for wireless remote control.

Enjoy,
    Heinz

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 10-16-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    14-24 is heavy, but brilliant to use in "calm places". Most Panos of Vincen are taken with 14-24 as well.
    Yep it's heavy but worth the weight :) It's a great piece of glass ! clear and so sharp ! I shot nearly (99%) of my panos with that lens at 24mm when I want the best, at 14mm when I'm a little short in time !

Vincèn

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
    Users Country Flag

BTW Vincen,

is lens ring Samyang 7.5 fir R1/10 already in stock?

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Heinz and Nick
    I need to replace the MFR-170 upper rail on my Ultimate M1L pre-production head so I can use my 14-24 f2.8 nikkor lens with it.
    Is the M1 lower rail 210 that's listed in the Ultimate M1 accessories page on the website the same rail as the MFR 210? I'm guessing it is.

Thanks in advance
    John Blake
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blake View Post
    Heinz and Nick
    I need to replace the MFR-170 upper rail on my Ultimate M1L pre-production head so I can use my 14-24 f2.8 nikkor lens with it.
    Is the M1 lower rail 210 that's listed in the Ultimate M1 accessories page on the website the same rail as the MFR 210? I'm guessing it is.

Thanks in advance
    John Blake
    Yes, thy are the same thing. If you don't use battery grip, you can swap the lower rail with the upper rail. We still have some pre-production rails, you may get one with 25% discount from the regular price. Getting same set of PP or Final may be easier for you to manage the parts.
    Ask your reseller.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

M1-L : default set

Upper Rail MFR 170 ( = 170mm ) combined with Quick Release Clamp QRC - 40A ( Takes Camera Plate )

Lower Rail MFR 210 ( = 210mm ) fixed to QRC mounted on top of Rotator RD8/16 Quick Release Clamp QRC - 55 ( Takes Lower Rail MFR210 )

Vertical Rail MFVR 170 C ( = 170mm) Takes Upper Rotator M1-UR 75 ( Takes QRC - 55 to take Upper Rail )

Camera Plate U1 ( flat Universal Plate )
    Camera plate will not be included in the near future.

Nick

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Hi Nick,

What sort of plate should be added to the order? One of the new camera plates being in Pipeline? Will the U1 be included in orders till there will be new ones? What should customers at the moment expect as camera plate? What do they have to order as camera plate?

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Hi Nick,

What sort of plate should be added to the order? One of the new camera plates being in Pipeline? Will the U1 be included in orders till there will be new ones? What should customers at the moment expect as camera plate? What do they have to order as camera plate?

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Free camera plate is only included as introductory offer. It is an optional accessory as customers may have it already. Customers will select from a growing list of camera plates that are available.

Nick

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread