Problems using the NN4

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problems using the NN4

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Problems using the NN4

I'm still having problem using the NN4 and a Canon 7D + 17-55 zoom and setting the position of the knob/camera holder on the upper arm.

When I change the zooming on the lens, I have to change the position along the arm: 17mm -> 75, 28mm -> 60 and so on.

When I unscrew the knob, it doesn't unscrew, instead it goes backward then eventually there's enough space to remove the holder from the guide on the upper arm. Only then, I can move it to the new position.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by foto-biz View Post
    I'm still having problem using the NN4 and a Canon 7D + 17-55 zoom and setting the position of the knob/camera holder on the upper arm.

When I change the zooming on the lens, I have to change the position along the arm: 17mm -> 75, 28mm -> 60 and so on.

When I unscrew the knob, it doesn't unscrew, instead it goes backward then eventually there's enough space to remove the holder from the guide on the upper arm. Only then, I can move it to the new position.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    the cork on the camera plate has some stickiness. After unwinding the the knob for one turn, press it against the rail using your thumb while bracing the upper rail with your other fingers. Do so with just one hand only so that it will not cause any undue stress on the rails.
    let me know if you still have any issue.

nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 09-23-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Yes, I'm still having an issue with it. I must not understand properly (English is not my first or second language). Could you make a quick youtube video?

Thanks
    Users Country Flag

Yes, I'm still having an issue with it. I must not understand properly (English is not my first or second language). Could you make a quick youtube video?

Thanks
    hmm, first of all, I need to understand your problem. I am not sure I understand your problem exactly. so maybe you can show me a video first?

Nick

Fanotec

1. I don't have video camera. I only have the 7d that is mounted on the head, so it's one or the other.
    2. When I look at the youtube video: NN3 MKII - 60 Second Setup, the presenter just spin the tightening wheel without any resistance, stickiness...

I'm still struggling doing the:

After unwinding the the knob for one turn, press it against the rail using your thumb while bracing the upper rail with your other fingers. Do so with just one hand only so that it will not cause any undue stress on the rails.
    Do you have video of it?

Thanks

Thanks
    Users Country Flag

1. I don't have video camera. I only have the 7d that is mounted on the head, so it's one or the other.
    2. When I look at the youtube video: NN3 MKII - 60 Second Setup, the presenter just spin the tightening wheel without any resistance, stickiness...

I'm still struggling doing the:

Do you have video of it?

Thanks

Thanks
    You don't need to mount the camera to show the issue. Anyway here is a video to show what I mean
    http://fanotec-public.s3.amazonaws.c...0stickness.mp4

Nick

Fanotec

That be me
    It may appear there is no resistance in rotator but there is just enough (this is adjustable) so you can feel the stops (detents) and due to design makes for very fluid movement.

Bill
+ Reply to Thread