Samyang 7.5mm Micro 4/3 Pano Samples

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samyang 7.5mm Micro 4/3 Pano Samples

Share/Bookmark

Quote Originally Posted by badders View Post
    Are you taking 2 x Nadir shots? i.e. One straight down over the tripod then a second with the nadir adaptor rotated and the tripod moved to one side? There's a full tutorial in a thread on this forum on how to shoot the nadir using the nadir adaptor.

You MUST have the unit setup incorrectly. Can you post a photo of how you have your unit setup?

Why are you using the ballhead? Take it off and mount the NN3 directly to the top od the tripod. If you need to level the NN3, simply adjust the tripod leg heights.
    Did one. Realized I need two. Dumb. Wish I could juz do one. Yah, I think there's a technique somewhere in the internet.

Guess so. The center of the lens should be correct. Just need to find the focal point of the Samyang lens. Too embarrass to post anything yet.

Stupid me. Anyhow, looking into hindenhaag's suggestion too. Plan to get new tripod. Current one is a traveler compact tripod. Wonder if the EZ-Leveler is necessary.

Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    When you get "black spaces", you did not move the tripod far enough to get free space between Nadir1 and Nadir2. You have to use the special set as seen in the pic. If you can not realize this with NN3 and your LRS = lower rail setting, move the third leg to center of tripod by shortening the legs length.

Heinz
    Made a lot of mistake. Need to get my camera and NN3 setting right first. Need to change tripod, current one to hard to adjust and gets wobbly when using the nadir adapter. Like badders said, dump the ball head. Need to figure out a good way to move the tripod for nadir shots.

Thanks for the info and images.
    Users Country Flag

When your legs glide fine in and out once opened, you can do without the leveller. Like my old Manfrotto 055ProB did. Carbon legs are a bit more sticky. Then it's worth. Plus the torque of the open Nadir Adapter often asks re leveling. Much more easy with EZLeveller II.

Once you know your DPD, just use a cord, place it near the third leg and move sideways for that distance.
    Workflow, take the shots around, shoot Zenith, shot Nadir1 and then follow the workflow shown in the pics for Nadir2.

The original tutorial by DennisS, thx to his ideas we now have the Nadir Adapter. Old version with alpha masking in PS.

http://www.dlsphoto.net/Tutorials/NadarPatch/

Using PTGuiPro to mask out the tripod, you just should leave the bottom part of the shot. The walls will show different infos, compare the tripod in the mirror and the washing basin. When you do not mask it out, it will show "two washing basins".

Have a look to www.Feisol.de for a new tripod. Of course there are a lot other good ones.

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 09-24-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks Heinz for all the advice. Man, it's going take me another month to figure out which tripod to get. Nowadays, I take quite awhile to figure out what's most suitable for my shooting needs.

Have a look at my setup. Despite whatever I tried, I still get the nadir adapter in my horizontal shots. Wonder what I have done wrong. If I do get the nadir adater out of my shot, the nodal point or no parallax point will be out. Any advice? Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	359   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0021.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	357   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	358   Click image for larger version

Name:	_1000854.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	356  

Quote Originally Posted by mgsati View Post
    ...Despite whatever I tried, I still get the nadir adapter in my horizontal shots...
    If you refer to "horizontal" as is showed in your third example image then this is normal.
    Your 4/3 sensor ratio camera has a wider view then 3/2 cameras hence with this wide lens (with a 180 degree diagonal view) you will see a small part of the nadir adapter and/or other parts of the panohead in the image.

This small part is in the corner of your images and it will be left out of the stitched result so it is not an issue.
    If you think the small part has an impact on the brightness and/or color of the stitched result then you can very easy mask it out with PTGui and if you use a base template with masks that you apply to each new pano then you don't have to paint the masks again.

Success,
    Wim

PS, not that it matters but unless your fourth example image is flipped horizontally I think the part that you point at is not the nadir adapter but the horizontal underrail.
    Last edited by Wim.Koornneef; 10-05-2011 at 03:20 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

Do you crop in PTGui? Would be nice to see a shot. I do not think you will see it in the final stitch. Just crop inside the "blue ring" you seem to get. Just stitch and see if it matters. Or you may send a set of pics for us to stitch and find out.

You see "more" than on the normal 180º view with this sensor lens combination as Wim already pointed out.

Similar discussion on panoguide. http://www.panoguide.com/forums/tipsntricks/9742/

Regards,
    Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by Wim.Koornneef View Post
    PS, not that it matters but unless your fourth example image is flipped horizontally I think the part that you point at is not the nadir adapter but the horizontal underrail.
    Thanks for advice. The 4th example is still horizontal shot. Just place my setup very very close to a white wall to show the issue I'm having. It's the nadir adapter. I don't see this when I first tried without the adapter. Use my fingers to find the black part and my finger is touching the adapter.

Anyhow, I can now presume this is normal and there's nothing wrong with my setup?

Hi,

Do you crop in PTGui? Would be nice to see a shot. I do not think you will see it in the final stitch. Just crop inside the "blue ring" you seem to get. Just stitch and see if it matters. Or you may send a set of pics for us to stitch and find out.

You see "more" than on the normal 180º view with this sensor lens combination as Wim already pointed out.
    Yup, with PTGui stitching, that black bit will be crop off. Just dat when I see all the single horizon images you guys shot, I didn't see the NN3 or its parts in the shots. Thought there's something with my setup.

I haven't really got down to shoot anything yet. Still trying to figure out which tripod to get.

Actually, the first 360 shot I did was handheld using the string method and it's almost perfect. So much for handheld and I did it with six shots.

Juz finished setting up my new tripod with the EZ-Leveller II and NN3 MKII along with all the quick release systems. Adjusted all the positions so dat the tripod legs look like the example on how to shoot nadir shot with the adapter. Then bummer, no battery power. Charging battery now. No spare but I could use the power cord. Too lazy to wire up. Will continue the next day.

When you get "black spaces", you did not move the tripod far enough to get free space between Nadir1 and Nadir2. You have to use the special set as seen in the pic. If you can not realize this with NN3 and your LRS = lower rail setting, move the third leg to center of tripod by shortening the legs length.

Attachment 336Attachment 335Attachment 339Attachment 341Attachment 343Attachment 340Attachment 344©2011hindenhaag

Heinz
    Just experiment earlier. Got a very small black space at the tripod third leg. Relook at your advice again. Realised where I have done wrong again.
+ Reply to Thread