New Fanotec Tripod Adapter with Manfrotto tripods
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Fanotec Tripod Adapter with Manfrotto tripods

Share/Bookmark
    Users Country Flag

This is the normal design of manfrotto center columns.

You can take off the rubber cup and replace it upside down with this accessory: http://www.manfrotto.com/product/837...ter_for_055DCL.

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zenalien View Post
    Hi there...

I also got a manfrotto 0544mf4 carbon fiber...

I was wondering if the new tripod adapter would be ok with this tripod ? and when it would be available....

I am going to make a trip in Indonesia in december and, if available, I'd like to order and receive it before I go there... :)

@hindenhaag, the column of this tripod is not cylindrical, it looks like a triangle with rounded/chamfer edges; like this http://goo.gl/MckjF but longer.
    And finaly there is no screw at the bottom of the column...
    New Tripod Adapter for tripods without 3/8" thread at base of center column is shipping to resellers. I call it Type B. Old one is Type A.
    Type B fits 32mm tripod center column natively. It can be adapted to 28mm or 26mm with a plastic fitting. Customers can select one of 28mm or 26mm fitting to each order.

Type A has a price of $49.95.
    Type B has a price of $59.95. additional fitting sells for $5.

Type B will work for Manfrotto tri-facet center column.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Hi Nick,

that's great and makes the use of the clever designed Tripod Adapter much more easier by connecting it to the center column directly. Don't forget to place this info to panoguide as well.

You know there are lot of sharks int the basin.

Regards, and thx for all your time to develop the whole system on and on.

Heinz
  4. Which tripod adapter for the Induro CX-214?

I know this is an older thread, but if you see this Nick, which tripod adapter for a pole would work with my Induro CX-214?
    http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...c&sku=INDCX214
    You can send me a private message too if you like.

thanks!
    Jeff Ellis
    Users Country Flag

Hi Jeff,

May be I can help you in between.

This looks difficult to me. Using the tripod in a "normal position" the center column sits aside the top plate in between the legs, right? This would be the "normal position" of the pole adapted with the tripod adapter. Because of stability specially with longer poles Nick has stated in another thread, that you might not extend the distance between center column and pole by using extensions to the tripod adapter. Using the tripod adapter on your center column, will place the pole far outside the center of the top plate of your tripod. This is unstable and I am sure Nick will not accept such a use of the Tripod Adapter.

Is is possible to replace your "center column" with a normal center column? Then you need Type B which can be adapted to center columns directly with diameter 32mm natively, to 28, 26 and 25 mm diameters with an insert.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3698_induro-tripod.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	583

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeffE View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but if you see this Nick, which tripod adapter for a pole would work with my Induro CX-214?
    http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...c&sku=INDCX214
    You can send me a private message too if you like.

thanks!
    Jeff Ellis
    Does it have a 3/8" female thread at the base of center column? Or do you know the diameter of the center column? You can warp a piece of paper around the tube and measure the perimeter of the tube. diameter = perimeter/ 3.141516
    As long as it fits the requirement of tripod adapter A/B, your tripod can be used. Mount the adapter in an orientation that the pole is closest to the center of tripod.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.