Inner diameter of Panasonic 8mm MFT ring?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inner diameter of Panasonic 8mm MFT ring?

Share/Bookmark
    Users Country Flag

Hi Karel,

I'll get the Panasonic lens ring tomorrow. I think the red ring is fixed, is it? I suppose the outer ring will cover the two rings focus and aperture. Could you please measure the height of every single ring, sliver flange, aperture ring, red ring, focus ring, and their diameters?

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    The lens arrived today, I will post my first sample in a new thread

Here are the dimensions, Nick
    They are ± 0.05 mm and in the brackets you'll find the average of 3 measurements.

Is this sufficient for you?

Karel
    Hi Karel,

Thx for the data. Lens ring for Panosonic 8mm is quite thick. I need diameter and height values up to the red ring.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Hello again,

Karel and I tested the panasonic lens ring this afternoon: good and bad news. The good one, the outer ring works well. So Nick has just to design an new Insert. Bad news: the insert of the panasonic lens rests on the focus and aperture rings of the Samyang lens. You can turn the camera around with the lens ring fixed to the lens!!. We have taken all measurements and Karel will send a report about it.

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Sorry to forget to mention: We could test it today because Vincen did his best to send the panasonic lens ring in time. 2-days!

We are lucky as NN users to have these guys in EU: Distributor / Resellers Andrew in UK, Mauro in IT, and last but not least Vincen in FR. Because they listen and do their best to help us. Giving basic advice, helping in cases like this. Thx to you guys!!

And good news to Nick as well: it "only needs another insert", not a complete new ring set.

Cheers,
    Heinz

BTW: DennisS, this will really fit into your bag. A tiny nice little lens. You will always find some room for a "small apple" in your basket?? At this time you have to visit your garage to get a lens ring ready. It has to rest on the silver socket and may be on the red ring. I am sure you solve this problem. I'll send you a mail.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 09-14-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Our pleasure! I'll have the lens to test with an Olympus E-P3 either tomorrow or Friday (no ring clamp so it'll be mounted on a NN3 with a T-30.) If you've got any specific requests for testing - ask now!

Badders
+ Reply to Thread