We need to decide for a special placement of U1 camera plate to be able to compare upper rail settings of M1

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We need to decide for a special placement of U1 camera plate to be able to compare upper rail settings of M1

Share/Bookmark
  1. We need to decide for a special placement of U1 camera plate to be able to compare upper rail settings of M1

Users Country Flag

Hi,

This is the way I fix my U1 universal camera plate to the camera body:

I tested several bodies and I found out the will fit the best way. Once the screw is inserted into the tripod mount of the camera body a little bit, move the plate forward to the lens direction, screw will stop the plate, then fix it.

I know Nick is designing new special camera plates, but till then we can compare settings using the plate in this position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Positie U1 for new M1 database_2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	274Click image for larger version

Name:	Positie U1 for new M1 database_3.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	273Click image for larger version

Name:	Positie U1 for new M1 database.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	275

Regards,
    Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hi,

This is the way I fix my U1 universal camera plate to the camera body:

I tested several bodies and I found out the will fit the best way. Once the screw is inserted into the tripod mount of the camera body a little bit, move the plate forward to the lens direction, screw will stop the plate, then fix it.

I know Nick is designing new special camera plates, but till then we can compare settings using the plate in this position.

Attachment 274Attachment 273Attachment 275

Regards,
    Heinz
    for consistency of NPP value, only use 2 mounting positions.
    1. center of camera plate if the plate is not protruding from the camera body.
    2. a position so that the plate is flush to a recognizable feature at camera base.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

I use the centre of the mounting plate and I align one edge to be parallel to an edge of the camera (5D/4D).

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    I use the centre of the mounting plate and I align one edge to be parallel to an edge of the camera (5D/4D).

John
    That's what I do with the T-II adapter and my LX3. But the camera always twists a bit out of alignment after a couple of panos. The mounting plate is the weakest link in the product chain.
+ Reply to Thread