Quick Release Clamp QRC-40B is shipping soon

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Release Clamp QRC-40B is shipping soon

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Quick Release Clamp QRC-40B is shipping soon

Users Country Flag

The QRC-40B can be mounted back to back on QRC-40A/55/65 to allow fore-and-aft sliding on Arca Swiss compatible rails such as our multi-functional rails. Two clamps can be mounted with clamp channels running parallel or perpendicular to each other, accommodating both camera plates and lens plates. Removable index marker at the center allows for precise positioning of clamps. Index marker with a thickness of 5.5mm allows for accurate reading of scale up to 0.5mm. Use the edge at the center to read the scale up to 1mm. Use the edge at the side to read up to 0.5mm.

For customers using short ultra-wide angle lenses such as shaved Nikon 10.5mm on full frame camera, a significant portion of MFR-170/210 will block the angle of view of the lenses if the camera is mounted at the normal position of rail. QRC-40B is needed to slide the QRC-40A/55/65 to the inner part of the rail. Double dovetail rail is a pre-requisite in this application. QRC-40B doesn't work with MFR-160. Rail stops can be installed on the rail to limit the range of travel of QRC-40B to nearest cm. NPP setting should be adjusted by the movement of MFR-170/210 relative to the rotator clamp. This is important in order for the integrated rail stop to function and build a consistent database of the settings.
    QRC-40B also allows FANOTEC Lens Ring Clamps to be used on NN4. A dedicated mounting kit is needed.

Recommended retail price of QRC-40B is $50.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Hello Nick,

Why does the clamp does not work with the MFR160?

Cheers
    Norbert
    Users Country Flag

Hi Norbert,

May I step in? The clamp is shown with a double row dovetail rail like MFR170/210. MFR160 is a single row dovetail rail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ishot-165.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	277 Click image for larger version

Name:	ishot-164.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	278

But John has found a solution to use the MFR160 with a "sliding clamp", he uses QRS-2 with two added anti twist screws that slide in the rails gap.

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...-170mm-MFR-170

http://store.nodalninja.com/products...se-System.html

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 08-29-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nobsch View Post
    Hello Nick,

Why does the clamp does not work with the MFR160?

Cheers
    Norbert
    One dovetail is used up by the rotator QR clamp. There is no dovetail for QRC-40B.

nick

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

I received my QRC-40 B clamp yesterday and have one question.
    Is there a way to mount the 40A onto the 40B with the clamps running horizontal without having to change the position of one of the M3(I hope that's the right name) anti-twist screws?
    I'm using two anti-twist screws on the 40A in the same positions as your photos.

If the 40B had another hole (looking at the bottom) opposite(from the center) the existing hole that's right from center in your photo there would be no need to change the position of one of the anti-twist screws.

Am I correct. If not what do I do.

Thanks in advance
    John Blake
    Users Country Flag

John,

Do I understand you right, you want both clamps back to back in same orientation? Big knobs on opposite sides? Then you have to change the position of one of the Anti Twist Screws":

Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Release Clamp QRC-40B is shipping soon-1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	321

Every extra hole is more work and costs time and money.

The position shown in the pics - 90º - bring the knob from 40A towards the rotator side of the upper rail. I use this orientation with an extra 40A clamp as 40A /40B combination leaving the original Upper rail QR40A on the MFR10 rail. This way I can use the extra combination in front of the fixed QR40A. and have a longer way without the knob of QR40B touching the original clamp.

But this only works on MFR210. With MFR170 you have to take of the QR40A from the rail to reach all settings for example for Sigma/Samyang 8mm.

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Release Clamp QRC-40B is shipping soon.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	320  
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 09-16-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Heinz
    I did move the screw to the position in your reply. What happens is the tightening knob of the 40A is now pointed towards the front when the clamps are in the vertical position. Not the best place in my opinion. When you change the clamps to a horizontal position the screws line up with the holes but the tightening knobs are side-by-side and the 40A and 40B cannot be mounted flush to each other. The tightening knobs
    are in the way. I must be missing something.

John
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blake View Post
    If the 40B had another hole (looking at the bottom) opposite(from the center) the existing hole that's right from center in your photo there would be no need to change the position of one of the anti-twist screws.
    the screw that connect the tightening knob prevents adding one more socket there.
    actually one anti-twist screw is good enough if your gear is not too heavy.

nick

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Heinz and Nick
    thank you very much for your replies.
    Yesterday I shot a three row panorama using my Nikon 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR lens in place of the 70-200 2.8. The 70-300 has no tripod collar and is much lighter than the 70-200 2.8. Thus the camera was mounted to the 40A in the vertical position and I didn't have to reposition one of the anti-twist screws on the 40A. The resulting panorama quality was very, very good. I stopped the lens down to F8 and converted the RAW files to TIFF using DXO. Shooting the multi-row pano was a breeze using the Ultimate head. I am very pleased.

John
+ Reply to Thread