Nadir Adapter for Modular Series is Shipping Soon

Thread: Nadir Adapter for Modular Series is Shipping Soon

Share/Bookmark
  1. Nadir Adapter for Modular Series is Shipping Soon

Users Country Flag

The nadir adapter is a highly effective solution to the problem of taking a clear shot of the area directly below the camera that is naturally obstructed by the panorama head and tripod. The vertical arm of the head is mounted on the adapter, which then enables the arm to be rapidly flipped round through 180 degrees such that the camera can point directly down, overhanging one side of the tripod. The tripod is then shifted sideways by just the right amount for the camera to resume its original viewpoint. A clean shot of the nadir area can then be taken with ease, even in low light situations needing long exposures and when there's also a requirement to take bracketed shots that align accurately. This greatly helps in the stitching process.

An additional benefit of the adapter is that the increased height of the vertical rail then gives extra clearance for taking the zenith (up) shot with longer lenses.

Built with the structure of a rotator with fully lubricated bearings, it is sturdy as rock. It is compact and acts as an integrated part of the modular system.

A similar device for the NN5 has already proved to be highly popular. This new version for the modular system will surely be welcomed as a must have accessory for anyone needing to shoot unobstructed down shots, especially for HDR work.

The nadir adapter will have a regular retail price of $89.95. It will be available in a package with a discounted price of $50.

As a reward of early support, all customers buying Nodal Ninja Ultimate M1 Pre-production units PRIOR to September 2011 will get a nadir adapter FREE OF CHARGE if they decide NOT to upgrade to the final production units.

Limited quantity of nadir adapters are available. They are reserved for prior customers, served according to the date of purchase of M1 package. Customers who decide not to upgrade to the final production units should contact their reseller to reserve one unit for themselves.

For info on the differences between the pre-production and final version, please read here
    http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...the-difference

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

I would have thought that the locking lever handle would have been positioned facing the rear (towards the rear of the camera). Also looks like this locking lever handle rotates lower than the lower rail, so I'm guessing this means that the nadir adapter needs to be mounted on the far end of the lower rail.
    I would like to get one of these ASAP so that I can finish the mods I started on my pano head.

Roger Berry
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
    I would have thought that the locking lever handle would have been positioned facing the rear (towards the rear of the camera).
    This is where the knob of QR clamp of the vertical rail is located. I don't want to put the lever at the same position. Some one may accidentally loosen the vertical rail instead of the nadir adapter.
    BTW the lever is a last minute tweak. I find that a knob tend to loosen if I rock the vertical rail strongly. A lever will tighten the adapter much more.

Also looks like this locking lever handle rotates lower than the lower rail, so I'm guessing this means that the nadir adapter needs to be mounted on the far end of the lower rail.
    Yes, that is a must. Otherwise the protruded rail will block the nadir view.

Nick

Fanotec
  4. How to slide nadir adapter along the lower rail.

Hello Nick
    Is there a way to slide the Nadir adapter along the lower rail.
    I was looking at the dove tail but i see the screws holes look closer than in the nadir adapter.
    I like to slide the lower rail so i do not see it in the photo.
    Thank you
    Regards
    Erwin List
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ElPadrino View Post
    Hello Nick
    Is there a way to slide the Nadir adapter along the lower rail.
    I was looking at the dove tail but i see the screws holes look closer than in the nadir adapter.
    I like to slide the lower rail so i do not see it in the photo.
    Thank you
    Regards
    Erwin List
    Hi Erwin,

The nadir has to be at the end of lower rail, otherwise, the rail will block the nadir view.

Nick

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Hi Erwin,

In case you did not see the pics before - Nadir adapter is prototype in pic 1 and 2- :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter in Nadir1 Position Kopie.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	401Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter in Nadir2 Position Kopie.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	399Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-M1-L Vertical Rail mounted to Nadir Adapter closed position.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1103N2 Shot copycrop Kopie.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	400

No imagine you slide along the lower rail with the Nadir Adapter to the left - Nadir2 -, the lens axis will come closer to the end of the rail. This will cover specially the room you need to mask out the tripod of nadir1, the room in between the two tripod legs. The room in front of the red arrow in pic4 with NN5 and Nadir Adapter.

Regards,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 11-23-2011 at 10:32 AM.