NN3 Settings for Canon EOS 500D and Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Fisheye Lens

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 Settings for Canon EOS 500D and Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Fisheye Lens

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN3 Settings for Canon EOS 500D and Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Fisheye Lens

Can someone tell me what the NN3 Mark II settings are for a Canon EOS 500D with a Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Fisheye Lens

Would you prefer to be shown how to learn to find these figures for yourself so you can understand how to do it again for different lenses and cameras?

Badders
  3. Reply

I've looked at some of the tutorials and I think I get the concept on how to figure it out. I'm rather time crunched however and so I was hoping someone already had the settings. I also figured that since I bought it as a kit from Nodal Ninja that the settings would already be listed, but I couldn't find them on the web page.
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

We are busy to set up a new database for the newer models. I understand your intension. But at least you should know how to check the settings with your own equipment.

Have a look to this thread:
    http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...ed=1#post34767

Regards,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 08-04-2011 at 04:43 AM.

If no end user has the settings for you then you can easily get them yourself in around 10 mins max using the tutorials. It's impossible for Nodal Ninja to test and list every single camera/lens combo so they rely on end users finding the settings and offering them up for publication.

Badders

cmoran, Use the settings listed for the Canon 350D on the NN web site. They may be 1mm or so different from the 500D settings but should be quite good enough for you to start with. As Badders points out, it only takes around 10 minutes to determine the correct settings yourself and they should be as good as or better than any settings you might get from somebody else.
    Differences between the 350D and 500D can be found in the Entrance Pupil Database on the PanoTools wiki at http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database .

John
+ Reply to Thread