Sigma 8mm f3.5 lens ring with Finepix S5pro/D200

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigma 8mm f3.5 lens ring with Finepix S5pro/D200

Share/Bookmark
  1. Sigma 8mm f3.5 lens ring with Finepix S5pro/D200

I have problem mounting Sigma 8mm f3.5 on Finepix S5Pro which is same as Nikon D200 body. I can mount Sigma 8mm f3.5 with lens ring without cable release connector. If I connect cable release connector, Sigma 8mm lens ring hit the connector and does not mount to it's position.

Users Country Flag

Hi Wilco,

you have a lens ring of the first design of the rail. Now all lens ring rails are shorter and actually end at the the back of the two screws towards the camera body.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4684.JPG.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	221Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4684.JPGTopView.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	222 Just took the pics for you from D200 Sigma8mm/f3.5 and the lens rings which came for this lens. All the rails of my other fishey lenses 10.5, Samyang 8mm/f3.5, 16mm have this rail.

So you have to ask your dealer to get a shorter = new design rail. May I have a pic from the R1/R10 top to check the pin position?

Regards,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 07-04-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Hi Heinz,

I have 2 other ring Nikon and Samyang. Both rail end at the end of the ring. Only sigma goes further back for the ring. R10 is the same as product picture. The problem is I cannot mount the lens till the F mount pin hit the slot of lens.
    Users Country Flag

Do the other rails look like the pics I send you? Then the lens ring you got for the Sigma has the wrong rail. May be there was an old one in stock. I understand your problem, you can not click into the pin cause the end of the rail is in the way and is stopped by the remote. Thats why the rail must be shorter.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 07-04-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks Heinz, I will contact dealer for replacement.
    Users Country Flag

Pleasure, and sucess.

The store shows all rings with short rail as last design.

http://store.nodalninja.com/products...d-Package.html
    Just add these pics to the dealers request.

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Do the other rails look like the pics I send you? Then the lens ring you got for the Sigma has the wrong rail. May be there was an old one in stock. I understand your problem, you can not click into the pin cause the end of the rail is in the way and is stopped by the remote. Thats why the rail must be shorter.

Heinz
    The rail is the latest for Sigma 8mm for Nikon. It allows more room for adjustment when using a tilt angle of 7.5mm and above. There are 2 solutions. one is to use a roll angle. Rotate the lens ring slightly so that the remote port is available. Or replace the lens ring plate. Go for solution 1 first to see if a shorter rail will fit your need.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Sorry Nick,

did not know there was this new design with a longer rail for Sigma 8mm. Is this the only lens ring with a longer rail? Can I buy it separately? I like to get one to test it. Cause this would effect all Nikon Bodies with this ten pin remote control connection like D200 D300/s D700 and all D3 bodies.

@Wilco, is there a possibility to place the remote after you attached the lens to the body? Before the "last click" the lens and the rail still will turn into place and may be the rail has moved out of the way and there might be enough room to connect the remote plug after fixing the lens?

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 07-05-2011 at 05:49 AM.

@Wilco, is there a possibility to place the remote after you attached the lens to the body? Before the "last click" the lens and the rail still will turn into place and may be the rail has moved out of the way and there might be enough room to connect the remote plug after fixing the lens?

Heinz
    The rail has blocking nikon ten pin cable release. If you do not make 90 degree vertical and slanting the ring it will fit. But I am not sure how stitching process will go though. If the rail is 5mm shorter then, it will fit.
    Users Country Flag

There is a way to shoot at 60º lens ring set and this will stitch, just give it try. Otherwise try to get a shorter rail, or the radical way, cut off the corner. The rail should be stable enough, cause the opposite side will still serve as guidance.

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wilco23 View Post
    The rail has blocking nikon ten pin cable release. If you do not make 90 degree vertical and slanting the ring it will fit. But I am not sure how stitching process will go though. If the rail is 5mm shorter then, it will fit.
    Slanting the ring will not cause any problem in stitching.

Nick

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Sorry Nick,

did not know there was this new design with a longer rail for Sigma 8mm. Is this the only lens ring with a longer rail? Can I buy it separately? I like to get one to test it. Cause this would effect all Nikon Bodies with this ten pin remote control connection like D200 D300/s D700 and all D3 bodies.
    The rail was changed long time ago after receiving feedback that more room of adjustment was needed for 7.5 deg tilt. You can get a replacement rail (LRP45X) free of charge from your dealer.
    Individual lens ring components are also available here
    http://store.nodalninja.com/categori...or-R1-%26-R10/
    you need to specify the lens ring model though.

Nick

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread