+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN R10 and Gitzo monopod for travelling

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. NN R10 and Gitzo monopod for travelling

Here is my setup for monopod solution with R10

Base set up

Monopod base exploded view

Thanks to Nick for making special pole base with longer stud.

Nice setup Wilco

Bill

Great setup Wilco !
    Please I need some information and advice if anyone could help me.

I already have a NN Pole and footplate. And recently ordered the Rotator Mini RM4.
    There's any way to use the RM4 with a standard monopod or NN pole ?

I just ordered a Gitzo monopod and would like to use my NN footplate with it.
    It will work or I will need to ask for a special footplate with longer stud ?

Thanks a lot,
    Toni
    Users Country Flag

Hi Toni,

I did not have this nice new rotator in my hands yet. Having a look to the pics, there are two pairs of sockets on top of the rotator: smaller and wider distance. To mount it to the footplate, you have to use the ones with smaller distance and rotator upside down. You end up with a 3/8" socket on top of this construction. Use the 3/8" screw that came with the pole to connect the footplate rotator combination to the Fanotec Pole. You need a 3/8" socket at the base of your monopod to use it with this combination. I hope, the Gitzo spikes use a 3/8" thread on top of their spikes. Then you are a lucky guy and can connect the footplate combination to your monopod directly. In case you like to use the RM4 on top of the monopod, just ask for a solution.

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 05-21-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Hi Toni360,

RM4 is new product and it is not available when I build up my rig. Gitzo tripod of monopod comes with 3/8-16 female thread inside. The thread was a little bit inside and I make special order to make longer stud for pole base rotator. If you use regular pole base rotator, the thread and screw mated only small part.
    I believe RM4 comes with 3/8-16 female thread, which you can use with Gitzo monopod in top of monopod instead of bottom. If you want to use pole foot plate attached to monopod, you need to make hole with 3/8-16 and use 3/8-16 nuts and directly attached to pole base. I will post photo of it by tomorrow.

Wilco
    Quote Originally Posted by toni360 View Post
    Great setup Wilco !

I already have a NN Pole and footplate. And recently ordered the Rotator Mini RM4.

Thanks a lot,
    Toni
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by toni360 View Post
    Great setup Wilco !

Thanks a lot,
    Toni
    Hi Toni,

Please check our new guide for using the pole accessories.
    nodalninja.com/Manuals/QRG%20-%20Using%20Rotator%20Footplate.pdf

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Hi Toni,

Please check our new guide for using the pole accessories.
    nodalninja.com/Manuals/QRG%20-%20Using%20Rotator%20Footplate.pdf

Nick
    Nodalninja is keep on improving. There are many ways to use footplate with pole or monopod now.

Cheers!!!!
    Users Country Flag

Is this rig for shooting pole panos over your head while you stand in one place?
+ Reply to Thread