Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

Thread: Can M1 be used with L-Bracket in landscape mode? YES

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

1. Can M1 be used with L-Bracket in landscape mode? YES

Users Country Flag
    Thumbs up

Hi guys,

there once again was a question of landscape use of the camera on the panohead on another forum. You just have to turn the whole system/vertical rail to the left side, fix the upper rail the other way round so that the clamp shows towards you and on you go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4369.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	198Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4368.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	199Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4376.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	196Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4374.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	197

This is a very early Pre-Production model of the M1-L. So the marks are already changed now and number on the rail go the other way round. The Nadir Adapter is Pre Production Prototype. I got it to do tests. Thx Nick.

I use a 10cm diameter 350gr paper plate with a centered 6mm hole and two additional ones for the anti twist screws in between the lower rail clamp and the rotator to use Smooth's hacksaw method to find my lower rail setting. You have to cut out the clamps knob as well and use the clamp with the knob on the opposite side of normal use. The clamp has to be fixed opposite to the lens. Otherwise you have the knob on the pics. This works excellent.

I always leave my lens rings on fisheye lenses.

Just to inform you for those who explicit want to use the camera in landscape mode.

Check your lower rail settings, they may be different from normal portrait mode settings.

Cheers,
    Heinz

BTW: this works with NN4 NN5 as well using the NN Arca style clamp instead of CP-2 on the upper rail fixed in the way that you can slide in vertically. Once the system is changed to the left, you have to turn the upper rail by 180 degree so that it looks towards you.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 06-08-2011 at 09:16 AM.