Nodal Point IE (Entrance Pupil) | 5D Mark II | Canon Ef 24-70mm

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

Thread: Nodal Point IE (Entrance Pupil) | 5D Mark II | Canon Ef 24-70mm

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

1. Nodal Point IE (Entrance Pupil) | 5D Mark II | Canon Ef 24-70mm

Hi,

I just recently purchased the Nodal Ninja 4 Rd8. I'm using a Canon 5D Mark II with a EF 24-70 mm lens. Can someone please advise the best way to find the Nodal point (Entrance Pupil) for this combination at these focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, 70)?

I've tried finding it a few times by centering the lens over the rotator then lining the camera up portrait at O degrees horizontally then sliding the camera up and down the rail with two objects in front of the lens at different distances. I manged to get the objects to move together instead of separately when rotating the camera left and right.

I want to start shooting panoramas single and multi row. After trying to stitch a few images together in photoshop overlapping each frame at least 1/3 over ea adjacent image the objects in the images overlap are not lining up correctly. This is leading me to believe I'm not finding the nodal point? Please see the attached photo of my apt. complex and notice how elements are not lining up.

I was at 35 mm focal length, detent (20 degrees), Manual exposure and focus
    Lower arm measurement distance: Right around (10 cm)
    Upper arm measurement distance: Right around (13 cm)

Are the above measurements for the nodal point close or correct for 35mm on this combo?

Can someone please help?

thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample_shot.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	391.6 KB
ID:	195