Nick-Lens Ring for Canon 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick-Lens Ring for Canon 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Nick-Lens Ring for Canon 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye?

I want to get an Fisheye Lens and been holding out for the Canon 8-15mm. (Lens not yet for sale in the market)

Nick, am I holding out for nothing? Looking at the image of the Lens, will there be a Lens Ring available?

Users Country Flag

I will try to make one. one that supports zoom. :-)

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    I will try to make one. one that supports zoom. :-)

nick
    Looks like you already do make a lens ring that supports zoom: http://store.nodalninja.com/products...0-to-17mm.html

But with this Pentax, it looks like you had some more real estate to work with.

I really hope that a lens ring for the Canon 8-15mm fisheye will be available when the lens comes out. This fisheye will be a top seller for Canon!
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bbc597 View Post
    Looks like you already do make a lens ring that supports zoom: http://store.nodalninja.com/products...0-to-17mm.html

But with this Pentax, it looks like you had some more real estate to work with.

I really hope that a lens ring for the Canon 8-15mm fisheye will be available when the lens comes out. This fisheye will be a top seller for Canon!
    zoom is not supported in the 10-17mm fisheye. Once ringis clamped down, zoom is locked.

Nick

Fanotec

zoom is not supported in the 10-17mm fisheye. Once ringis clamped down, zoom is locked.

Nick
    I see....

lock down zoom on the Canon Fisheye shouldn't be a problem?
    Users Country Flag

for the price of Canon 8-15mm, I am sure people want to use the zoom function. :-)

Nick

Fanotec

for the price of Canon 8-15mm, I am sure people want to use the zoom function. :-)

Nick
    Most likely!

But up on a pole, would zooming be an issue?

The MTF of this lens looks very good. The price they are asking for this "L" lens doesn't seem that far out of line...

We too are waiting for this lens. $1,300 is a good price for 'L' glass. I noticed that Canon is now showing the price on their company website.

Dave still at 360texas.com
    Forum Moderator Pano2VR

Yes, I am also debating if I should hold out for the Canon 8-15, which is supposed to be shipping the end of July, 2011 (according to Canon.co.uk): The big question for Nick: Do you have a lens ring available in 4 weeks? I personally wouldn't mind to have the ring cover the focus distance and the AF/MF switch (The plastic insert probably needs some depressions to go over the switches). or if that fails, could you post a list of inner diameters for all the R1 rings (or put them actually in the product descriptions), so users can pick the next best: making a plastic inner ring isn't difficult, the nice fitting outer aluminium is difficult.

joergen
    360nyc.com
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joergen Geerds View Post
    The big question for Nick: Do you have a lens ring available in 4 weeks? I personally wouldn't mind to have the ring cover the focus distance and the AF/MF switch (The plastic insert probably needs some depressions to go over the switches). or if that fails, could you post a list of inner diameters for all the R1 rings (or put them actually in the product descriptions), so users can pick the next best: making a plastic inner ring isn't difficult, the nice fitting outer aluminium is difficult.
    without having a lens in hand, I have no idea where our existing metal rings will fix.
    So, don't count on me if you need it urgently. Our multi-row NNs are the way to go.

Nick

Fanotec

without having a lens in hand, I have no idea where our existing metal rings will fix.
    So, don't count on me if you need it urgently. Our multi-row NNs are the way to go.

Nick
    Yes the NNs are the way to go. I've got the Ultimate M1, but would like to mount the Canon 8-15mm, when it comes out, onto a pole!

True, once on top of a pole.. your zoom control would be difficult.

I would just like to see how it would fit in a ring R1... and still use the zoom. The lens dimensions are diameter 3.09 inches or 79mm. Length is 3.27 inches or 83mm. But where to place the ring to permit zoom ?

Currently our Sigma 8mm ring is too small diameter. Maybe a longer threaded base screw might help.

Dave still at 360texas.com
    Forum Moderator Pano2VR

Hello,

today i have pick up 1 Piece in Germany and the Diameter near the Distance Scale without Switches is 70mm. The thickest Places with the 2 Switches is 74,8mm!

I hope that is helpful for the Moment.
    Users Country Flag

Thx for sharing.

But Nick has to have a lens in his hands to check and design the lens ring I suppose.

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Thx for sharing.

But Nick has to have a lens in his hands to check and design the lens ring I suppose.

Heinz
    Nick, is this true?