The Royal Wedding - London

Thread: The Royal Wedding - London

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. The Royal Wedding - London

Subject: The Royal Wedding panorama as you have never seen before

What a magnificent day, if you are a lunatic like me

Went to the wedding with my high photographic pole on Thursday afternoon and waited to the big moment on Friday 12:35

Then carry the fucking pole on my shoulders all the way to Piccadilly as all the roads were closed to find a taxi before the heart attack get into me

Shit day but amazing result

So enjoy the panorama as you are in it with the crowd

Click on the full screen button once loaded and travel with the Royals

can you spot me in the panorama at the bottom holding the pole

http://www.fashionbyvogue.com/events...alwedding.html
    Users Country Flag

Great shot

Excellent Idea to include fly Past.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrywoodenpic View Post
    Excellent Idea to include fly Past.
    I'm not so sure it was such a good idea. 2 billion people know that the fly past occurred when the happy couple were out on the balcony, so it's obviously a fake photograph.

John
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    I'm not so sure it was such a good idea. 2 billion people know that the fly past occurred when the happy couple were out on the balcony, so it's obviously a fake photograph.

John
    It is sufficiently obvious to make it a composite. which is fine by me. I think there was more composite work in the shot. It has created a memory of the day rather than reality.
    Users Country Flag

I did not know that the fly by took place later. I did not watch the wedding.

Seems to me that every panorama we produce is a composite and not a 100% accurate rendering of the scene. Unless you can take the entire 360x180 sphere in one shot, you are doing a composite of one type or another.

Dennis, Do you really not see the difference between the inevitable (but minimal) tiny discrepancies resulting from the mechanics of the stitching process and the deliberate creation of a false view of a public event? It's fair enough to approve of the result or not care one way or the other, but to pretend that there's no difference ....

John

thanks for sharing your work - were you actually allowed to raise the pole in a crowd like that? I would have thought security to come running. Just think if someone bumped into you. Also curious that no one is looking "at" the couple and many people are looking in opposite direction :-)
    clever adapt of interpretation

Bill