Nodal Ninja 4

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Nodal Ninja 4

Share/Bookmark

Hi... Well I personally would buy these two items but I do not have the EZ leveller yet, so I cannot tell you about that.. but I intend to buy it soon... its been on the 'to buy list' for a while now... but baby's needs comes first.. The NN4 is a wonderful pano head... I love using it... As long as you have your NNP set right then no prob... The nadir adaptor is a really nice thing... well made and works great.. I use it all the time to do my nadir patch image, with no problems...

I am curious... why did you choose the D7000... I have the D90, which is a lot cheaper and is built for the 10.5 fisheye... When I can afford it, I will buy the D700 which is the cheapest full frame camera, but that will not be a while off yet.... I am waiting for a rich guy to become bored with his Nikon 3DX and donate it to me... At the moment I have my left kidney on ebay to swop for it...

If you did a tiled room, then very easy.. There are heaps of stitch links for the software to find... I love tiles... Easy to stitch.

Destiny... NN4 No. 1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by sheep_go_baa_baa View Post
    Hi Destiny, I'm just starting out on all this Virtual Tour business.....just a question....I have also bought the NN4 but have a D7000 and the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye.....do you suggest I buy the EZ leveller as well as the Nadir adapter?.....I thought I had it cracked until I did a 'complicated' room with tiles and lots of lines on the floor and realised that I didn't at all!.....I think I have it set up for the nodal point but wondering if the problem is the leveling....I have spent sooooo much money recently and was wondering if I really need these two bits of equipment??!!!! I will happily buy them but if I don't have to I don't want to as my finances aren't unlimited!

Thankyou....

The Sheep (aka Neil)

Hello to the kind person in Hong Kong who sent me a cork washer for between my Rotor to tripod.... but oh so sad... it arrived in 3 bits... My hubby is going to try to glue it back together....

Destiny... NN4 No. 1

I think I have it set up for the nodal point but wondering if the problem is the leveling....
    I can confidently assure you that your stitching problems have nothing at all to do with the levelling of the tripod. You can mount your panohead on a ball head tilted at 45 degrees and the images will still stitch just as accurately. If your panohead is truly set up well, then the stitching problems will be down to your use of the stitching program.

John

Well thanks for the advice there....just saved me some money! I have ordered the Nadir adapter now so will try it very soon when it arrives.
    Destiny...I chose the D7000 after reading so many good reviews about it...but one of the main reasons I went for it over the D90 was the in-built intervalometer as I really want to try some time lapse movies (nothing to do with the business but have wanted to give it a go for ages)....it was a case of 'in for a penny in for a pound' as it's my first SLR...so I have so much learning to do!
    Just spent all afternoon trying to set up the NN4 to get it perfect...tried following tutorials....hopefully I have finally mastererd it as it took me nearly 20 long attempts (who the hell said it was easy - or am I just thick?!!! lol)

thanks for the replies!

Neil.

My dad is an engineer so he likes measurements.. There is heaps of content with measurements of where the lens and bar should be paced but I have fond thats its only a guide... I am still fine tuning my nadir point so don't worry about it... Capturing a pano outside and stitching it is a lot easier than inside... I also looked at the D7000 but decided on the D90 for lots of reasons... When I can afford it, I will probably buy the D700 since that is the lowest price fx full frame camera... A full frame makes so much difference... I will also buy a good wide angle lens.... The D700 will fit nicely on my NN4 too....

Destiny

Yes, I think Time-Laps photography would be fun if you were into that.. however, did you know that there is software that can do that much better and with more control.... I have NKRemote which can also do Green Chroma Screen and up to 15 bracketed shots.... The shadows are much more natural and softer with more bracketed shots..

I still would have bought the D700 over the D7000 for the fx feature....

One day..... when I get rich..... ;)

Destiny...

Well thanks for the advice there....just saved me some money! I have ordered the Nadir adapter now so will try it very soon when it arrives.
    Destiny...I chose the D7000 after reading so many good reviews about it...but one of the main reasons I went for it over the D90 was the in-built intervalometer as I really want to try some time lapse movies (nothing to do with the business but have wanted to give it a go for ages)....it was a case of 'in for a penny in for a pound' as it's my first SLR...so I have so much learning to do!
    Just spent all afternoon trying to set up the NN4 to get it perfect...tried following tutorials....hopefully I have finally mastererd it as it took me nearly 20 long attempts (who the hell said it was easy - or am I just thick?!!! lol)

thanks for the replies!

Neil.
+ Reply to Thread