Nodal Ninja 4

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nodal Ninja 4

Share/Bookmark

I press the remote down a bit and the green light comes on.. I then press it fully down and the red light comes on.. which is supposed to be how it work... but it doesn't take a photo....

emm..

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    but I do not have a GPS ... I only have this wireless remote with the GPS connector type cable end. which I plugged into the GPS port on the camera... but it does not work..
    Hum I'm out of ideas there :( Perhaps you should ask shop where you bought it !

Vincèn

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com

I think I might have a dodgy one... that will be right.. I am certain that the button on the top of this remote you can use as a test... Press it down a bit and the green light comes on and then fully down and the red light comes one.. but still no photo.....

D...

I bought it online...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincèn View Post
    Hum I'm out of ideas there :( Perhaps you should ask shop where you bought it !

Vincèn

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    I think I might have a dodgy one... that will be right.. I am certain that the button on the top of this remote you can use as a test... Press it down a bit and the green light comes on and then fully down and the red light comes one.. but still no photo.....
    Do you see something that changes on upper display of D90 when you use the test button of the receiver ? same as when half-pressing the original shutter button of the D90 ? If nothing changes receiver is pretty faulty !

Vincèn

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com

No Vincèn, nothing shows on that screen.. When I put the front panel to that screen nothing shows on that either... I bought it from this mob.. I have just sent them an email. I think I have dodgy one.. Sorry of my life...
    http://gerrygibbscamerawarehouse.com...action=success

Quote Originally Posted by Vincèn View Post
    Do you see something that changes on upper display of D90 when you use the test button of the receiver ? same as when half-pressing the original shutter button of the D90 ? If nothing changes receiver is pretty faulty !

Vincèn

You know.. my worry is its my D90.. the GPS port might be dodgy itself... oh dear... .. I have never plugged anything into that before...

D...

You know.. my worry is its my D90.. the GPS port might be dodgy itself... oh dear... .. I have never plugged anything into that before...

D...
    Users Country Flag

D...

Just see your questions about the remote control: you got the HW 433 N80 right?

The default settings of the channels are set to work on all channels. All down opposite of the white numbers.

It should work. There are two possible problems concerning the cables:

1 - The connection from the basic cable to the camera specific cable. There is a "double click" safety construction inside the socket. I remember at first use I had a problem to fully insert the plug into the socket. You have to push hard to connect completely. Cause I often use the remote on different camera bodies, and it was hard to separate the cable to set in another type, I filed down the ring on the plug to make it a bit smaller. Now it goes in smoother and can be better disconnected. Cause you do not have to disconnect the two parts of the cable at the moment, just try to be sure they are really connected. At the first "stop" when you insert the cable it seems to be fixed, but it is not connected. There has to be a "hard click" to connect in the right way.

2 - The camera plug: it has very tight fit as well and you have to fix it to the camera body that you nearly can not see the silver metal outside the camera body connection. When it is not connected deep in it, the remote won't work as well. Specially tight in D7000.

At least you should check the batteries.

But I feel it is more the problem with the cables connections.

Hope this helps and you can shoot a nice new car pano with bracketing shots.

Thx Vincen for your help to step in.

Regards,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 05-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Hi... Yes the connection into the GPS socket was tight and hard to take out its in and ok.. The split connection is also fixed in ok... All cables are tight and in as far as they will go.. When I press the remote button partly down, the green light will come on the receiver.. then I press it all the way down and the red light comes on as if its taking a photo but it doesn't... There seems to be a test button on the top, same thing happens when I press that... My setting are to continuous shooting in manual.. When the camera is just sitting there, the red light flashes on and off as if in standby on the receiver... Not sure if the camera has to sit on standby for a little while to change the battery fully from my camera battery.. Its a nice little unit for sure but it doesn't work, perhaps I can use it to keep the door open..

I have sent an email to the mob who sold it to me... They seem to be an ok company but I have never bought anything from them before... So I will see if their customer service is a wonderful as Bill Bailey's..

Destiny....

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    D...

The default settings of the channels are set to work on all channels. All down opposite of the white numbers.

1 - The connection from the basic cable to the camera specific cable. There is a "double click" safety construction inside the socket. I remember at first use I had a problem to fully insert the plug into the socket. You have to push hard to connect completely. Cause I often use the remote on different camera bodies, and it was hard to separate the cable to set in another type, I filed down the ring on the plug to make it a bit smaller. Now it goes in smoother and can be better disconnected. Cause you do not have to disconnect the two parts of the cable at the moment, just try to be sure they are really connected. At the first "stop" when you insert the cable it seems to be fixed, but it is not connected. There has to be a "hard click" to connect in the right way.

2 - The camera plug: it has very tight fit as well and you have to fix it to the camera body that you nearly can not see the silver metal outside the camera body connection. When it is not connected deep in it, the remote won't work as well. Specially tight in D7000.

Regards,
    Heinz

emm... I got so excited that my remote arrived yesterday and so did my really cool business cards to I a car dealership I would be coming round this morning to take a car pano of a brand new car....This will allow me to create a really nice pano... Only to find that out my remote might be dud... oh hum.... what a pain in the b.....

D...

"ITS WORKING"!!!!!!!!! Its what you said Heinz, that stupid joining cable.. oh man its tight.. I thought it was strange that the connection into the GPS was soooo tight and very hard to take out.. but the connection of the two cables was just fitting in.. So my dad pushed like crazy and CLICK!!!.. The look on both our faces was really funny.. I then turned it all on and BAM! I clicked away....

Thank you guys for helping me so much... Stupid thing should never be that tight... How on earth could I take them apart again.. might strip the wires out...

Oh so happy....

Destiny No.1 Ninja....

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    D...

Regards,
    Heinz

Well.. since I was on a high, I dressed up really smart and went to see the new car dealership and they said NO... They wouldn't even let me do a freebee for my own portfolio.. they said they have their own marketing team/department for this... So I went to see VW car dealership and the guy was nice to me but he didn't even want to look at my VR demo, he said he did not have time... If I was buying a car he would have time... There were 3 guys sitting there with elbows wearing out on their desk but they did not have time.... I gave him my beautiful business card but I bet that went into the bin... emm... all dressed up with no where to go...

I will go and see a second hand car dealership, they might be better.... There is a big one about half an hour from us...

D...

Hi Heinz, you will be pleased to know that my wireless remote works really well...I tested it on bracketed shots.. That was good advice to buy it..... just a little glitch to get it going... It looks really cool too.. I received an email from the company that sold it to me, saying they will get back to me... i will wait and see what support they might have provided to me before telling them its all ok.. I might need to buy something else from them one day or recommend them to someone else... I will make sure have good customer service... very important to us...

D..

Hi Destiny, I'm just starting out on all this Virtual Tour business.....just a question....I have also bought the NN4 but have a D7000 and the Nikon 10.5mm fisheye.....do you suggest I buy the EZ leveller as well as the Nadir adapter?.....I thought I had it cracked until I did a 'complicated' room with tiles and lots of lines on the floor and realised that I didn't at all!.....I think I have it set up for the nodal point but wondering if the problem is the leveling....I have spent sooooo much money recently and was wondering if I really need these two bits of equipment??!!!! I will happily buy them but if I don't have to I don't want to as my finances aren't unlimited!

Thankyou....

The Sheep (aka Neil)
+ Reply to Thread