Nodal Ninja 4

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nodal Ninja 4

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Nodal Ninja 4

Hello all you happy little Ninja's out there....

This Thread is for those who would like to make comment on the State-Of-The-Art Nodal Ninja 4 Pano Head...

To be honest I am still overwhelmed at being the first person in the whole wide world to receive the all new NN4 with RD16 Rotor. I also have the Arca Style Quick Release System which is really great. Camera On - Camera Off, really quickly...

I am also playing with my Nadir Adapter which is a really nice little attachment, very well made with precise clicks to set to 90 and 180 degrees. I am still working out how to use it but I will get there in the end. I have had lots of hot tips on that so far... To be honest I think that this little tool really sets off the NN4.. It adds so much to its functionality. I would guess that a lot of thought has gone into its design.

I am using the Nikon D90 with 10.5 fisheye lens which are both really nice tools.. I really love my setup but in time i would like to buy a full frame camera, but that will come later. I am very new to the pano world, but I am learning fast. So far I think I have made all the right decision as far as tooling and software goes.

I have been nothing else but very impressed with the new NN4 from the moment I took it out of its carry case, which in itself is a very nice beautifully made case. My husband laughed at seeing my face when I realised it was longer than the NN3 case, as I found out when I tried to load it into my camera bag. Now I need a new bigger bag!

There seems to have been a lot of thought gone into the NN4's design and understanding the needs of pano photographers. I personally love nice engineered things. i have checked out just about every part of this NN4 and cannot find fault in any part of it. The overall finish is really beautiful, with no sharp edges. I do not think its an easy task to design something that is well engineered, practical, highly functional and most importantly, affordable but not cheap looking!

The NN4 with its increment at the rotation points are a really nice feature. Everything seems to move so freely without sticking and clicks precisely into place. Its just a matter of tightening it up after rotating with the large black knob which, like all these large black knobs are really nicely finished off.. Very silky smooth to the touch..

My NN4 sits proudly on top of my RD-16 Rotor. I have used this Rotor before and I have found it to be really easy to use and clicks precisely and easily into its increment setting. This Rotor by itself is a nice piece of engineering.

I have just about set up my Nadir Point which I found to be really easy due to the the NN4's great design features. The metal placement stops are great for maintaining the final settings for all future panos, facilitating a quick setup for each photo session. Now I am ready for the big day tomorrow, where I will be taking my first pano tour of a Model Airplane shop.. Its a freebee so not getting paid for it but I get to put my first pano tour on my web site. It will be the big test for me and my new NN4..

Just one last thing.. Customer support in our book is at the top of our list. The customer support we have received from Bill Bailey and his team has been nothing short of OUTSTANDING!..

Bye for now..

D...

Hi Destiny and welcome to our forum.
    We appreciate the kind words and testimonial. While the vast majority of our products are problem free less than 1% do occasionally need special attention. It's reassuring to know we are there should the need arise. We are also very fortunate to now have Anthony representing Australia who also went above and beyond to assist in this concern.

On the Nadir Adapter here is another thread that will give you an idea how it is used:
    http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/showthread.php?3994
    Once learned you'll appreciate it's use.

I believe we need to prioritize on getting some new videos up - I'll try to put this near the top.
    thx again
    Bill

Hello Bill ... 1%.. that in itself is a great feat.. Many companies would be happy to let that pass as acceptable, but not yours!.. Even this seems to warrant special attention...

John and I have felt a little guilty at not understanding this from the beginning, so we have tried very hard to make this up to you.. .

John is often in contact with Anthony, he does a great job in costumer service and tries to help us sooo much.. He represents your company very well... We are fully understating that he might be away from time to time on Air Force bush bash exercise...

D

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Hello Bill ... 1%.. that in itself is a great feat.. Many companies would be happy to let that pass as acceptable, but not yours!.. Even this seems to warrant special attention...

John and I have felt a little guilty at not understanding this from the beginning, so we have tried very hard to make this up to you.. .

John is often in contact with Anthony, he does a great job in costumer service and tries to help us sooo much.. He represents your company very well... We are fully understating that he might be away from time to time on Air Force bush bash exercise...

D
    Hey Destiny,
    Your words of gratitude says it all - enjoy and use your NN4 to it's fullest and we hope you'll share some panoramas here and share your in field stories.
    We have many other support stories - just today we spoke with a guy on the phone who rented a NN5 from an online company (not a reseller - the company paid full price 2 years ago for there rental store). They sent him wrong parts and he called "us". We didn't have obligation to support the product but we offered next day service of correct knob at no cost to him due to his next day shoot. I really do try to put myself in the shoes of the customer and many times we go above and beyond what other companies would deem ridiculous but oh well. And then there was the time we spent $100 to get a $5 knob to customer in Botswana (forget actually where the guy was at but may have as well been) who dropped it in a river and so on and so on. Cases like this are rare (or we would go broke) but when the one off situation arises we enjoy stepping up to plate.

Cheers
    Bill

Hello everyone.. I made an interactive graphic of the new NN4 to show how movable and adaptable it is.. Sorry, I made a few mistakes making it since we only have a little old Canon camera to take the shots and really yucky tripod to hold the camera on so it bounced about a little... We only have one good tripod and Nikon which are in the shots.. I will buy a different background and then make it again nicer one later.. :) A nice mountain scene would have been better but big posters are expensive... unless I find a nice location to do it.. emm..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/NN...90Destiny.html

Destiny...

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Hello everyone.. I made an interactive graphic of the new NN4 to show how movable and adaptable it is.. Sorry, I made a few mistakes making it since we only have a little old Canon camera to take the shots and really yucky tripod to hold the camera on so it bounced about a little... We only have one good tripod and Nikon which are in the shots.. I will buy a different background and then make it again nicer one later.. :) A nice mountain scene would have been better but big posters are expensive... unless I find a nice location to do it.. emm..

http://members.westnet.com.au/dps/NN...90Destiny.html

Destiny...
    Nicely done!

Bill
+ Reply to Thread