Sony Alpha A55 + Fisheye sony 16mm

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sony Alpha A55 + Fisheye sony 16mm

Share/Bookmark
  1. Sony Alpha A55 + Fisheye sony 16mm

Question

Hola foro de Nodal Ninja, les solicito por favor su ayuda.

La semana pasada me compre mi equipo fotográfico; la cámara Sony Alpha A55 y el lente Sony 16mm fisheye modelo SAL-16F28, decidí comprar este lente porque es automático y es más nítido, mejor que el que tenía antes un Rokinon 8mm; estaba seguro que tendría que tomar más fotos debido a que este lente es para cámaras con sensores full-frame, y la Sony Alpha A55 tiene un sensor aps-c.
    Pero ahora que intento hacer una panorámica 360° no me resulta, y me queda con errores de paralaje; tengo que decirles que ocupo un nodal ninja casero parecido a este: http://www.peterloud.co.uk/nodalsamu...ohead-h500.jpg porque vivo en el salvador, y es bastante complicado comprar las cosas por internet.
    El nodal ninja casero lo hice para utilizarlo con una canon eos xsi y el lente rokinon de 8mm, pero ahora me doy cuenta que como el Angulo de visión del rokinon 8mm era más amplio, no tenía muchos errores de costura.
    E intentado encontrar el punto nodal del lente siguiendo varios tutoriales, para dejar mi nodal ninja casero a las medidas exactas de mi nuevo lente y mi nueva cámara, pero no logro encontrar el punto nodal exacto y las imágenes no me salen o me quedan con muchos errores de paralaje.
    En esta página: http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database hay medidas de la cámara Sony Alpha A55 en la primera tabla “Tripod Mount Measurements”. Pero en segunda tabla: “Entrance Pupil Measurements” no están las medidas del lente.

Les solicito por favor sus sugerencias, si es necesario comprar el nodal ninja original, y que trípode debo utilizar.

¿Y si compro el nodal ninja se solucionaría mi problema?
    O si conocen las medidas del punto nodal del lente Sony 16mm; porque me estoy sintiendo culpable pensando que hice una mala compra.
    Muchas gracias por su atención.

Un saludo para todos desde Centroamérica El Salvador.

Fernando Reyes
    www.elsalvadoren360.com.sv
    Users Country Flag

you need to use English in this forum.
    I kind of understand your question by using a translator.

Spanish to English translation
    Nodal Ninja Forum Hi, I ask your help please.

Last week I bought my camera equipment, the Sony Alpha A55 and 16mm fisheye lens Sony SAL-16F28 model, I decided to buy this lens because it is automatic and is sharper, better than it was before a 8mm Rokinon he was sure that would have to take more pictures because this lens is for cameras with full-frame sensors, and Sony Alpha A55 has a aps-c sensor.
    But now I try to pan 360 ° do not find it, and I left with parallax errors, I have to say that I occupy a nodal ninja home like this: http://www.peterloud.co.uk/nodalsamu ... ohead-h500.jpg because I live in El Salvador, and is quite difficult to buy things online.
    The nodal ninja I made for home use with a canon eos xsi and rokinon 8mm lens, but now I realize that as the angle of vision was broader rokinon 8mm, it had many errors of sewing.
    I tried to find the lens nodal point following several tutorials, nodal ninja to leave my home to the exact measurements of my new lens and my new camera, but I can not find the exact nodal point and the images do not leave me or left me with many parallax errors.
    On this page: http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database there are measures of the Sony Alpha A55 in the first table "Tripod Mount Measurements. " But on second table: "Entrance Pupil Measurements" are not measures of the lens.

I request your suggestions please, if you need to buy the original ninja nodal, and tripod I use.

What if I buy the nodal ninja would solve my problem?
    Or if you know the measurements of the nodal point of the Sony 16mm lens, because I'm feeling guilty thinking that I made a bad purchase.
    Thank you very much for your attention.

Greetings to all from Central El Salvador.

Nodal Ninja is a universal pano head, it works for many lens and camera combinations. I can say it works for your lens and camera.
    We have distributors in EU.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Thank you very much for translating my question.
    sorry for not translating it myself.

could recommend a tripod to use the nodal ninja?

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    I can not find the exact nodal point and the images do not leave me or left me with many parallax errors.
    This may or may not be a fair translation of your words, but as I read it, you are probably meaning that you have many stitching errors. Stitching errors are not necessarily due to parallax effects. They might be due to the stitcher that you are using and how you operate it. Finding the no-parallax point doesn't take long. If you haven't already seen this tutorial, then give it a try: http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm. If you still have stitching errors, then maybe you could upload a sample set of images somewhere (half size jpegs will do), so that they can be checked.

John

Thank you very much for your prompt reply John Houghton, the truth is that I am a little worried thinking that I was wrong to buy this lens, which has been designed for a camera with full-frame sensor.
    The angle covered by this lens with my camera Alpha a55 is 110 ° degrees and I have to take many more pictures.
    But you know I've seen, that some photographers use normal lenses to make their panoramas, non-fisheye lenses, and even the nodal ninja page provide settings for these lenses, and I've seen software that together perfectly, without stitching errors.
    I use PTGui software, but previously I thought the same thing you tell me, and I wonder what would be a special configuration should use PTGui?
    But in order that encourages me to think that if you can use this lens.
    Rest assured that we take into account your suggestion, I will continue trying to correct the problem of parallax.
    And if I have problems I'll upload the photos to a server to give me his opinion.
    On the other hand, only wanted to ask what tripod would be used?, that if I had the nodal ninja?.
    Maybe you could keep in touch with you again for any further questions, would be for me great to have your help on another occasion.
    Thanks again.
    Greetings from San Salvador, El Salvador.
    Fernando Reyes

E-mail: Fgrr_2790@hotmail.com
    Thumbs up

Thank you very much for your prompt reply John Houghton, the truth is that I am a little worried thinking that I was wrong to buy this lens, which has been designed for a camera with full-frame sensor.
    The angle covered by this lens with my camera Alpha a55 is 110 ° degrees and I have to take many more pictures.
    But you know I've seen, that some photographers use normal lenses to make their panoramas, non-fisheye lenses, and even the nodal ninja page provide settings for these lenses, and I've seen software that together perfectly, without stitching errors.
    I use PTGui software, but previously I thought the same thing you tell me, and I wonder what would be a special configuration should use PTGui?
    But in order that encourages me to think that if you can use this lens.
    Rest assured that we take into account your suggestion, I will continue trying to correct the problem of parallax.
    And if I have problems I'll upload the photos to a server to give me his opinion.
    On the other hand, only wanted to ask what tripod would be used?, that if I had the nodal ninja?.
    Maybe you could keep in touch with you again for any further questions, would be for me great to have your help on another occasion.
    Thanks again.
    Greetings from San Salvador, El Salvador.

Fernando Reyes
    E-mail: Fgrr_2790@hotmail.com
    Users Country Flag

for tripod, any pro series from any manufacturer is good enough.

NIck

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread