R10- Lens Ring for canon sigma 8mm lens

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R10- Lens Ring for canon sigma 8mm lens

Share/Bookmark
  1. R10- Lens Ring for canon sigma 8mm lens

Just received my clamp and check the online manual. According to the picture, the ring fits on top of the switch of the manual automatic zoom. It does not seem right (raised the ring) and I do not want to apply pressure to it, unless you guys I found this is not an issue. Is this the proper set up?

Thank you
    Users Country Flag

Maual automatic zoom switch? I think you mean the focus ring.

I have the same Sigma 8mm lens. The clamp does not grab the focus ring on the lens. With the proper insert, it only grabs the body. You might need to tape the focus ring in place in order to keep it from moving.

I machined a little window in the ring clamp so I could see the focus scale. I use the 8mm lens for other than panorama photography.

Dennis indeed the zoom switch. Actually I was just dumb when I tried the first time, you just need to have to leave the gap of the insert at the level of the switch, da. Nice touch of machining a small window though, I respect the customization
    Users Country Flag

In fact the canon lens is different from our Nikon version DennisS. Are we talking about AM/ M focus switch which is above normal lens level? There is no zoom switch on this 8mm lens. So if the inner plastic ring is raised away from the lens body, you could either try the gap of the plastic ring, or, in case this is a problem, machine this out of the plastic lens ring. We can not test it, because DennisS and I are NIKONIANS.

http://homepage.mac.com/hindenhaag/f...0CanonLens.zip

But I am quite sure Nick has had an eye on this problem?

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 04-12-2011 at 09:44 PM.
    Users Country Flag

My bad. Did not realize there was an actual switch on the Canon version. Being a NIKONIAN I would have never known that. Thanks for pointing that out Heinz.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by softgad View Post
    Dennis indeed the zoom switch. Actually I was just dumb when I tried the first time, you just need to have to leave the gap of the insert at the level of the switch, da. Nice touch of machining a small window though, I respect the customization
    remember to tape the inner ring so that it will not move.
    you can do some focus distance test and mark the right position on the lens barrel.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread