I bought the NN5 last week from 360 Tactical and I took the day off today to set it up with a few of my lenses.

The Sigma 10-20mm lens is set up and working great, along with the Nikon 50mm F1.8.

The issue I am having is with the Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 Lens.

It looks like I need to push the camera back another inch or so on the upper rail, but it will not go any further back for the 24mm setup.

The D300s camera is in vertical orientation.

I have a long thin wooden dowel standing upright. About 3 feet back against a white wall is a red dot which is place exactly behind the tip of the dowel. The dowel is about a quarter of an inch wide.

With the camera slid to the furthest point on the upper rail, and when I rotate to the right there is still a shift of the red dot to the right behind the dowel.

Looking through the viewfinder, when I rotate left and the dowel and red dot move to the right, the dot has moved from behind the dowel when I get to the edge of the frame. The same when I go the other way.

It looks like I need another inch, or inch and a half to hit the correct point.

I know my 70-200mm will be ok if I try it as it has a mount on the lens to push it back, but am I doing something wrong with the 24-70mm, or it is simply not a recommended lens?

By the way, why is there a mark to 160mm on the upper rail when the mount will not push back that far?

cheers